Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Diet Coke Chicken

Diet Coke Chicken
Source: DKLIBERT

Ingredients
4-5 skinless boneless chicken breasts (20oz)
1 Cup Ketchup
1 – 12 oz. Can of Diet Cola

Insructions
Put chicken in a non-stick skillet. Pour ketchup and diet cola over the chicken.
Turn heat to Medium high and cook chicken for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook another 15-20 minutes. Remove lid, and cook until sauce thickens and sticks to chicken.

Sauce will taste like BBQ and the chicken is very tender.

Note: You can also make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches with this. Simply use 2 forks and pull the chicken apart about 15 minutes before it's finished cooking. You could also to add some black pepper and diced onions to the cola chicken right when you start to cook it.

VARIATIONS:
add a packet of dry onion soup mix to it.
Add mushrooms, onion, peppers, etc.
Orange soda and some ginger and garlic. Turned into an oriental flavored dish
Diet Dr Pepper instead of diet cola
Barbeque sauce rather than ketchup.
Pork Chops instead of chicken
Sausage instead of chicken
Diet coke with lime (instead of plain diet coke) and salsa (instead of ketchup) – same measurements

Serves: 5
Per Serving: 184 Calories; 3g Fat (15.2% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 640mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

I was looking for something different to do with my chicken breast tonight and came to your blog and found this. It was wonderful. I used Diet Dr. Pepper just because that is what I had. Delicious!! Thanks. I love reading your blog!

Jennifer said...

Thank you Hollie. I haven't tried Diet Dr. Pepper. I'm sure my husband would love that. I'm so glad you liked it!

Kelly Patton Johnson said...

Love this stuff. I serve it with Brown rice and veggie medley.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...