Friday, March 2, 2012

Recipe Review: Banana Ice Cream

One of my Weight Watchers members today me about this recipe for Banana Ice Cream. She said that it was really good and I should try it! I always have leftover ripe bananas that I through in the freezer. I knew that this would be a great way for me to use up all of those bananas that are taking up room in my freezer.

I went home and tried this recipe and really enjoyed it! I love ice cream and the blender frozen bananas really did have the same texture as ice cream by the time I was done with it! I'm so excited that I have another great dessert option that is also healthy for me!

The Ingredients. Slice and freeze ripe bananas.

I put my frozen bananas in the blender, but you could also use a food processor or mini chopper. Add 1 Tbsp of fat free milk.

Next, add a splash of vanilla extract.

You may have to add 1 additional Tbsp of milk if its too thick.

It really looks like ice cream! See the variations below  for other creative ways to spice up your banana ice cream.

. . . . . . . . . .
Banana Ice Cream
Source: Friends for Weight Loss

Ingredients
2 large banana, slice and freeze
1/2 tsp vanilla extract, add a splash
1 Tbsp fat-free skim milk

Instructions
1. Slice and freeze ripe bananas. It is really important to slice your bananas before you freeze them or you can burn out the motor in your blender, chopper, food processor, etc.

2. Add a splash of vanilla extract and 1 Tbsp of Fat Free Milk, ,Almond Milk or Chocolate Almond milk and blend away until smooth and creamy. You may have to add 1 additional Tbsp of milk if its too thick. Looks just like ice cream, huh?

3. Heat 1 Tbsp of your favorite caramel sauce (it spreads further if its hot) and drizzle with a little whipped cream.

Variations
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream - Add 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream - Add 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder & 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter Powder
Banana Split - Add 3 frozen strawberries and drizzle with 1 Tbsp Chocolate Syrup and Whipped Cream
Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt - Add 4 oz Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt with 3 Strawberries.

Serves: Makes 1 Big Bowl of Ice Cream - O pointsplus with no toppings

10 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

Hmmm - I was going to buy a Yonanas, but if I have a blender, apparently that does the same thing. I think you just saved me $40.
I'll have to try it out. Thanks for sharing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE bananas. Anything banana. Even the artificial banana flavor. Can't get enough.

Sherrie said...

I will have to give this a try, just have to get some bananas in the freezer. Thanks for the info, always glad to find low point but wonderful food!

mrsmarkdave said...

Ok I just got done eating this. It was pretty good. I, however, have discovered that my blender doesn't work :-( But, no fear. I have a food processor.
Thanks for saving me $40 :-)

SBcook said...

I tried this today and it was amazing! A great way to keep ice cream at bay from my three year old!

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was extremely enlightening.
I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this content together.
I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading
and posting comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!
Also see my site > Nuratrim UK

Arianna said...

I used to prepare my 'fake ice cream' with yogurt, a banana, some lemon juice and a spoon of honey. :)

(recipe from the Smurfs toy -hand operated- ice cream machine. I received it in elementary school, and now that I'm going towards 27 I still use it..^^)

kabv said...

I add a tablespoon of Nutella to five sliced bananas.

Divine.

kabv said...

I slice and freeze five bananas, and, after smashing into lush banana goodness with a splash of vanilla, I get wild and add a tablespoon of Nutella.

Divine.

Unknown said...

Ok, I have to try this out, soon! Yummy!

Unknown said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! countertop

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...