Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Year in Review: Red Carpet Debut

Yesterday was my ONE year anniversary at Lifetime with Weight Watchers and I have way too many words for it to be a Wordless Wednesday. Last night, was also the same night of The Year in Review: Red Carpet Debut.

After work my husband came to pick me up so that we could go to this special Weight Watchers meeting together. I had packed my goal dress and was going to change after I weighed in.

My dress looked wonderful. The last time I wore it, I put a turtleneck underneath the dress so that I would not freeze. Not this time! I never wear anything sleeveless, because I am always nervous about people seeing my arms. However, last night I did not care.

Jon took pictures and video of the evening. The theme was "Never Going Back", which was so appropriate for all of us who participated.


My Weight Watchers leader, Amanda made a slideshow with all of our before pictures on it. Then we walked down the red carpet and were the live "after" picture.



This is me after I weighed in, changed, and fixed my hair. I had butterflies in my stomach.



The greatest husband in the world! I am so blessed to have a husband who supports me so well.



This is my Never Going Back trophy.



All the people who participated received a trophy.



There were so many people at this meeting.



Amanda, my leader, looking fabulous as she greeted everyone.



This is a video of me walking down the red carpet!


This is me receiving my trophy.



All the people who had walked down the isle sat in a special VIP section.



Jon and I looking fabulous after the meeting.



Amanda and I. We took a picture just like this, one year ago at my Lifetime meeting.



I love this girl!



It's amazing to see how far God has brought me and to know that I am Never Going Back!

19 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

Wow! I am in tears. That is such a good idea. We don't do anything like that at any of the meetings around here. Maybe I should suggest this to my leader.
Congratulations to you! That is a HUGE accomplishment, and I can imagine how excited you are and how great you feel. I wish I lived closer because I would've been there in the front row cheering you on :-)

Jen Newsham said...

MrsMarkDave - Thank you! You should suggest it, because it was such an awesome night! I think it will help motivate others to finish their weight loss as well. That would have been awesome to have you there!

Marlene said...

Your leader is SO creative! What a fun way to celebrate your success!

Jen Newsham said...

Marlene - Yes she is very creative!

-J.D. Humenay said...

I think deciding your are DONE with that old life is 1/2 the battle! At my heaviest, I was 255lbs (at least, that's when I started weighing myself). Then I dropped down to 178, then back up to 222 and I ended last year at about the weight I'm at now, 202/203. Thankfully, I have so many people in my life that have loved me no matter what my waist line - but I am proud to say I've NEVER gone back to 255! Each year I just make small changes, and it generally falls off, one bit at a time. (I got down to 178 in Medifast, but didn't work on maintaining it - so I bounced back up.)

Jen Newsham said...

J. Darling - That is so true! Convincing yourself that you will not go back to where you were is so hard. Congrats on never going back to 255. You should be proud of that!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you and all the hard workers. I like the idea that you are "never going back". You and the leader were looking soooooooooooooooooo great and I really, really mean that. I know your hubby is so very proud of his beautiful wife. Thanks for sharing your life with us.
Odie

momyshaver said...

Yay! How incredible that must have felt and how emotionally moving ...I cant even imagine as you received your trophy...to reflect back on how far you have come!

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! This is just awesome, and I'm in tears. SO PROUD OF YOU! Happy one year Lifetime-versary!

Jen Newsham said...

Odie - Thank you!! My hubby was so proud! It was such a fun night.

Momyshaver - It was extremely overwhelming and completely satisfying all at the same time.

Stephanie - Thank you!! I am so glad you enjoyed the pictures and video.

Kimberly said...

Reading this post brought me to tears, and I'm not one to cry easily. I'm a new fairly new follower to your blog, but even still am so proud of what you've accomplished. I've been at WW for over 5 months (this is my seventh try) and am doing better than ever before. I've done a lot of work on my thinking and of course a lot of prayer. I've been struggling to get through a plateau and have had a hard time emotionally. Reading this tonight has given me hope that I WILL get there. I'm not giving up, not even considering it. But this journey is not an easy one. Thank you for being such an inspiration!!!

Losing Brownies said...

Wow, you look amazing!!

Jen Newsham said...

Kimberlynn - You're welcome! Plateaus can be so frustrating because you feel like you are not getting anywhere. However, that is just not true. Stick with the program and it will work for you. I hope you will keep me updated on your weight loss.

Losing Browines - Thank you!!

BULLARDSNC said...

WOW! That's great news (your year anniversary!).

Dee said...

Hello,
My name is Dee from Staten Island, New York and I'm a new follower on your blog. Can I just say that you look amazing and the shine in your eyes and smile say it all!! What an inspiration you are to me and so many others I'm sure. I'll be joining W W Online officially on Monday so I'm soon to be part of the W W family :D I have lots of physical weight to get off of me, 120 lbs to be exact, but I'm totally ready to do it the right way this time around. This time around I'm asking Jesus to hold my hand and walk with me in my weight-loss journey :D Thank you for sharing all of your experiences so far and for showing that Yes, it can be done!! Thank you. God bless you and keep you covered. Dee Vazquez

scrapwordsmom said...

You are so inspiring!!:) Beautiful soul inside and out.

julia said...

love it! weight watchers is the best! congrats

julia said...

love it great job! keeping it off is the hard part

Val A Ree said...

Oh goodness... I am writing this through tears... That is a HUGE accomplishment and your story has really inspired me. I want more than ever now to keep on going. I am at the beginning of my journey and still have a long way to go, but you... you totally make me want to keep on going. Thank you for sharing and I will be bookmarking you for future reference. :-) God bless you sister!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...