Monday, April 18, 2011

My Sample Menu

Let me just start by saying that if there is anything that you ever want me to blog about or have questions about please let me know. I love hearing from my readers!! Feel free to click the “Contact Me” tab in the top left hand side of my blog. It will take you to a page with all of my contact information.

Several weeks ago I started my Living a Changed Life Facebook page. It has been fun to interact with my readers in a different kind of way! On Friday, Jaime left me a Facebook comment saying, “I would love a sample menu for a week of the foods you eat. I'm really looking for new ideas on eating healthy and I am very interested of the kinds of things you are eating for meals as well as snacks :)”

Thank you Jaime for leaving me that comment that has since inspired this blog post!

Okay, here is a look at what I eat on a daily basis.

My Sample Menu

Monday thru Friday
Breakfast:
1 cup of cooked Oatmeal (4 PointsPlus)
2 tsp Splenda No calorie sweetener (0 PointsPlus)
16 oz of water (0 PointsPlus)
Total: 4 PointsPlus

Morning Snack:
1 granola bar normally: Special K Fruit Crisps (3 PointsPlus) or Nutri-Grain Bar (3 PointsPlus) or Fiber One Bar (4 PointsPlus)
10 oz of water (0 PointsPlus)
Total: 3 or 4 PointsPlus

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich (there are a variety of ways that I make this)


Bread - 2 slices of Nature's Own Whitewheat (3 PointsPlus) or 1 Mission Carb Balance Wheat tortilla (1 PointsPlus) or 1 Orowheat Sandwich Thin (3 PointsPlus)
Turkey - 6 slices Deli Fresh Turkey Breast (1 PointsPlus)
Cheese - 1 wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese (1 PointsPlus), I spread this on my bread like you would with mayo.
Fruit - this is whatever kind of fresh fruit I have on hand, Apples, Strawberries, Banana, Kiwis, ect. (0 PointsPlus)
10 oz of water (0 PointsPlus)
Total: 3 to 5 PointsPlus

Mid-Afternoon Snack:
Yogurt - Weight Watchers Yogurt (2 PointsPlus) or Fiber One Yogurt (1 PointsPlus)
Total: 1 or 2 PointsPlus

Dinner:
This really depends. I have told you about our grocery experiments in February and in March.

At the end of March I planned a new menu for April. I decided what meals we would eat for the month of April, so that I would only have to go to the store twice a month. This is in an effort to help save us money.

If it is helpful I can start posting our dinner menu list each month, just let me know.

In the last three months we have had things like:
Skinny Sloppy Joes
Taco Junk
Shepard's Pie
Chicken Ropa Vieja
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Meatloaf Muffins
3 Bean Turkey Chili
Tacos
Chicken & Rice
Easy Beef Enchiladas
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Crock Pot Chicken Chili
Homemade Pizza
Tomato Pepper Lasagna
Bubble Up Enchilada
Total: 4 to 8 PointsPlus

Evening Snack:
I really like snacking at night time so I leave a lot of room for this.
1 cup of Cinnamon Burst Cheerios (3 PointsPlus)
38 Veggie Straws or Apple Straws (3 PointsPlus)
Total: 6 PointsPlus

Daily Total: 29-33 PointsPlus

Saturday and Sunday
Breakfast:
1 cup of cooked Oatmeal (4 PointsPlus)
2 tsp Splenda No calorie sweetener (0 PointsPlus)
16 oz of water (0 PointsPlus)
Total: 4 PointsPlus

Lunch and Dinner:
The weekends are made up of leftovers from whatever we ate earlier that week. If we eat out at all during the week it is usually on the weekends, so I try to plan ahead for that.

Daily Total: 29-33 PointsPlus 

I hope that this was helpful, let me know if you have any questions about anything.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the old weight watchers books that gave you a 7-day a week menu! Your post will help many of us TREMENDOUSLY!!!! Thanks!!

Angie A said...

your food guide is awesome!

@Toll house: I think in the back of the getting started book there is a fold out "jump start" guide with a lot of recipes!

Andrea said...

I love this! So helpful.

Unknown said...

This is totally AWESOME. Keep it coming. I have struggled with not having some directions for a menu. It also shows me more freedom than I am giving myself with foods. And all within the points plus! thanks so much for your effort on this blog.

Jen Newsham said...

You're welcome! I am glad that this was helpful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this for me Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a ton.

Jen Newsham said...

You are very welcome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...