Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WOW God Wednesday: Following the Leader


Guess what!? I have now been hired as a Weight Watchers leader!

I am trying to piece this blog post together and all I can think is, “WOW God! You are seriously awesome!”

Ever since I reached my weight loss goal in November 2009, I have wanted to be a Weight Watchers leader. I was never really interested in being a receptionist, I just wanted to be able to be a leader for my very own meeting. I applied for the leader position in February 2010 and after going through the process decided that it was not a good fit for me at the time.

For months, I have been praying that God would show me what His will is for my life. Should I go back to school? Should we move? Should I get more involved at church? Most of the time I feel like it is an endless search. I open one door to see if this is where God wants me to go, only to find that it is locked and I cannot get in. Or I would try something new and realize that I just did not have peace about what I was doing.

There is so much I want to do and be that more often than not my plans are the only thing on my mind. Did I even pray and ask God what He thinks is best for me?

When I came home from China in January, I was surprised to find an email from Weight Watchers. The email was asking if I would be interested in applying to be a receptionist with Weight Watchers. I have to admit that at first I was not very excited. I was hesitant to go down this road again. However, God humbled me and showed me that I could encourage women from behind a table just as much as I could leading their meeting.

I have been working as a receptionist for several weeks now and I love it! It is so great to be able to work for a company that God has used to change my life.

I was content being a receptionist and had given up what I wanted, being a leader, for what God had instead.

However, God changed all of that!

This past weekend one of our Weight Watchers leaders quit. As a result Weight Watchers was now looking for someone to take her place. On Monday, I received an email from my Weight Watchers territory manager, Jan. She explained that my leader, Amanda had recommended that Jan interview me for the position of Weight Watchers leader!

What? Was this really happening? This job with Weight Watchers is something I surrendered to God over and over again and now it almost feels like they are pursuing me! Normally, I am the one chasing after what I want.

Tuesday, I interview with Jan and she thinks I am going to make a great leader! She said that I am going to go to Weight Watchers leader training at the end of this month. That’s it I was hired!

God sure doesn’t waste any time at all once He gets moving!

Please pray for me as I go through this training and mentor sessions.
Please pray that above all else that God would be glorified.
Please pray that Jon and I will be able to adapt to me new role as a leader that comes with more responsibilities.
Please pray that I will be a light to the people who attend my meetings.

I will continue to keep you posted!

10 comments:

Marlene said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I believe you will be a wonderful leader and encourager!

mrsmarkdave said...

Wow!!! Congratulations. I am so happy for you!!!!
It seems sometimes God just wants us to quit chasing what our heart desires. And then when we do, He gives it to us.

Unknown said...

I so agree with the other comments!! Congrats,you deserve it. God is so good!!!
This made my day!! I can do all things through Christ!!

Angie A said...

congrats! i work as a receptionist for ww here in SC and i love every minute of it!! i never felt like leader was the right fit for me, but i am glad a place opened up for you :) the sky is the limit!

Jen Newsham said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement and support!! I have the best readers ever!!

KoriPow! said...

That's wonderful; I'm sure you'll be an excellent leader! I applied for a Receptionist job too, here in Springfield, VA. I would love to get involved with this company which does so much good.

Tina Morris said...

That is wonderful. This is just the way God works too. He waits till we are content in what He has provided and then He comes in and goes beyond that. He is amazing. Praying all goes well!

Kendra said...

Congratulations! I know that you'll be great at it. God's timing is so perfect, eh?

Sharolyn said...

Congratulations! I've never met you, but have followed your blog for a few months and I have no doubt you will be an amazing leader! God is Great! And he certainly shines through all you do!

nettiemac said...

Love it - I am a receptionist myself, but one day want to be a leader. But I love this post, because I needed to realize that if it's meant to be, it will happen on God's wristwatch, not mine.

Which inspires me to turn another issue over to Him ... again ... and this time, not try to take it back and solve it myself (Oh, am I bad about that).

Love reading the blog! Proud to have you as a fellow Lifetimer and staff member!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...