Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recipe Review: Baked Salsa Chicken Breast

Whenever I make recipes by Linda Pickles aka NCBEACHES, I know that they are going to be a hit! Linda is also faithful to share her incredible recipe collection with others on the Weight Watchers Recipe Review message board. I have made several other recipes that I have received from Linda and I had enjoyed every single one of them.

As I was getting ready to make this recipe, I honestly was not excepting to taste that good. I thought that it would be just another chicken recipe to add to my collection. However, this recipe completely surprised me! I had not even taken the chicken out of the oven yet and my entire house was filled with this wonderful aroma letting me know that dinner was going to be delicious!

I am so excited to share this recipe with you, because I liked it so much myself!

Here are the ingredients. The brown sugar is hiding behind the chicken. I only had two chicken breasts for Jon and I so I cut the recipe in half.

Salsa

Brown Sugar

Balsamic Vinegar

Dijon Mustard

Stir everything together

Pour the salsa mixture over your chicken breasts

Put this is the oven and bake it for 30 minutes

This is what it looks like when it is finished!

I had one chicken breast and 1/4 cup of white rice. It was so good! I am going to be making this recipe again, very soon!!

. . . . . . . . . .
Source: NCBEACHES

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (mild, medium or hot)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

Instructions
Place chicken breast in a 2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Combine the salsa, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard in a bowl; pour over chicken. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.

4 servings (160 calories 4 g fat 0 g fiber); 5 PointsPlus

5 comments:

Sharon Huffman said...

Oh yummy... MUST try this! Thanks for sharing your review!

mrsmarkdave said...

Hmm - looks like another recipe I'll have to try. We had the bubble up enchiladas which were good. And I also made - I can't remember what you called it - the angel food cake with chocolate pudding for our small group. Everyone loved it.

Jen Newsham said...

You're welcome! MrsMarkDave, I am so glad you liked the Bubble Up Enchiladas!

Stacia-First Steps Child Care said...

I just found your blog via Pinterest, I am loving all of your healthy recipes! I Absolutely love Salsa Chicken, I do mine with garlic and orange juice. This one sounds great also. I like to put it in the crock pot too-makes them so tender and the salsa really soaks in!

Christina said...

I just started Weight Watchers and made this for dinner last night. It was fantastic. I had some leftovers for dinner tonight and it was just as good. It is a keeper and going into the rotation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...