Friday, April 15, 2011

Potential Hairstyles

I need a haircut!

Okay, so I am not sure if I should really be blogging about my need for a haircut, but that is what’s on my mind. Right now, my hair is the longest it has ever been in my whole entire life!!


It is so pretty. To be honest, I cannot believe that I have had the patience to let it get this long. I am unsure about what to do with my hair that I have just let it get longer and longer, it won’t be too much longer before I start looking like cousin it.

source

Just kidding!

The other reason that I let my hair get really long is because I live in Texas. The humidity here is ridiculous and does not do anything good for my hair. I always end up looking like a Chiapet, because my hair just grows and grows the second I step outside.

It is slowly starting to warm up and before you know it summer will be here! I am not sure if I can have my hair this long all summer. I do not want to keep it this long if I will just end up wearing it up, because it is so hot. I feel like my hair has looked the same for the majority of my life and having it longer is something new for me. But, shouldn’t I just cut it? Oh!...I don't know!

I need a haircut, but do I get a trim and keep it longer? Or do I cut it off?

In anticipation that I would be getting my haircut soon, I looked all over the internet and found several hairstyles that I like. Please let me know what you think.

Which hairstyle do you like for me?

Hairstyle #1
source

Hairstyle #2
source


Hairstyle #3
source

Hairstyle #4
source

I will let you know what I finally decide on!

20 comments:

Meagan Joye said...

I love your long hair! In my experience, I always regret a short haircut. I have to spend more time fixing it and then on those days where I do just want to throw it in a ponytail, I can't. And then it takes forever to grow back out and there's that awkward stage it has to go through. So I always shy away from a drastic change. But, that's just me. Everyone's hair is different. I can't wait to see what you do! :)

Meagan Joye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meagan Joye said...

Oh, and I like #1 for a short cut or #3 for medium length!

Jen Newsham said...

I was starting to think about keeping it longer!! See I just cannot make up my mind and if my mind is not set I am not going to chop it all off. I think a trim and some shape would help! I will keep you posted!

Barbara Mantell said...

Hairstyle #1- Definitely!

Sounds like you want something for the upcoming hot months- off your neck would be nice:) I think that cut is sooo cute- and would really flatter you- very trendy, but classy too. This is the kind of haircut that turns heads.

The last one is not that much different than what you have, just more long layers. Kinda boring.

The one in the middle is cute too, but might be too much of a drastic change- a bit harsh for your soft look.

mrsmarkdave said...

I REALLY like #1 but if you prefer longer I like #3, too.

Losing Brownies said...

I say number 3 if you want to keep it a bit longer, but if you want something shorter, go with number 1!

-J.D. Humenay said...

I think you'd be most happy with #3. You can do a lot with it!

I also think you might look good with a slightly longer (shoulder length) straight cut? Maybe with a few face framing layers?

Can I borrow your hair growing genes? I'm growing mine out for the wedding and man does it feel like it's taking FOREVER (even though I know it's actually growing quickly)!

Nicole P said...

Being a mommy, I"m telling ya, for time sake, I'd say HairStyle #1. It's quick to blow dry and if your hair doesn't look good and you don't have time for a shower to actually wash it, you can get the sink sprayer and wet it down and restyle it. I'm telling you, it's worked out well for me. I cut off 13 inches worth of hair for that hair style. I LOVE IT!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

I think # 3 would be great! ( it still looks long..) but is shorter for the summer time.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I would choose either number 1 or number 4. Both would look nice!!

wendi said...

#1 for sure!

Mandy said...

I love number 1! It is super cute and sassy. And I disagree with keeping hair long b/c it's easy. When it's that short it's so much faster to fix and actually look like you have a style and spent time on it vs just a quick ponytail. You could also fix it sleek and straighten/smooth it if you wanted too. I say #1 and maybe some highlights. Cute spring/summer do! Great for humidity and days swimming :) New follower to your blog, btw. LOVE your huge recipe collection!

Mercy said...

Think it through, I mean REALLY think it through! Yes, its just hair but I made a rash decision because I felt I needed a change. I went from almost waist length to just past my shoulders and while I felt all powerful and confident the first few days, in the end I really, REALLY miss my long hair. Each (short, mid length and long) have their pros and cons. #3 seems like pretty happy medium.

Jen Newsham said...

Thanks everyone!! One and three are my favorite hairstyles, now I just have to decide which one I want to do. :) Don't worry I will post pictures of the change.

LINWRIGHT1 said...

Sometimes a new haircut is just what we need!

Danielle Hawes said...

I like #1...it's like what I just did. Took 6 or 7 inches off, and it feels great. Like you, mine was the longest it had ever been (as far as I remember) and I was ready for a spring/summer do that would be cooler. I think #1 would be cute on you! :)

Jen Newsham said...

Thanks Danielle! I saw yours on your blog, it's cute!

Anonymous said...

You could start off with 3 because it is the longer version and if that isn't for you then co to the number 1.

Jen Newsham said...

No Ordinary Me - That's a great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...