Friday, April 8, 2011

Flashback Friday: My First 5K Ever

source

This past week Weight Watchers launched its 3rd annual Walk-!t Challenge!!

It got me thinking about my first 5K, so that's why this is our flashback today.

Before Weight Watchers I had never considered myself to be very good at sports of any kind. Sure I like to swim, but there were not any sports that appealed to me competitively.

Two years ago I was halfway through my weight loss journey when Weight Watchers launched its first annual Walk-!t Challenge. For six weeks all Weight Watchers members were supposed to record the miles that we walked in order to train for the upcoming 5K that we were all welcomed to participate in.

I blogged about this last year, click here.

If you have never participated in a 5K before, I would encourage you to find a walking buddy and sign up for a 5K in your area!

You never know what you are capable of doing unless you try! Who knows? You might be like me and find that you like running and/or walking way more than you ever thought you would.

If you need a good walking or running plan let me know, because there are some great links online that I can share with you.

Walking in my first annual Weight Watchers 5K

This is right after I finished the McKinney Historical 5K Run


Visit Tia for more flashbacks.

5 comments:

Karen Lockinger Greenberg said...

What a great inspiration! It IS great to find exercise you love. I, too, "accidentally" found out that I love running. Now I just need to stop trying to compete with my husband who is up to 16 miles on his long runs. I'll stick with the 5Ks myself. I haven' quite worked up past there.

Losing Brownies said...

I would love to run a 5k or even just walk one. I did the 1 mile fun walk for the breast cancer race for the cure. It was neat!

pilgrim said...

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for joining me on blogfrog - come and say hi at www.caminosantiago2012.blogspot.com - I'm planning to walk 780km in Spain next year. I'll be following the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage that pilgrims have walked for a thousand years. Who knows, that might be something you might enjoy doing as well!!

I look forward to reading your future posts and well done with your efforts, you look amazing!

Kind regards from Cape Town :)

Kimberly said...

I'm planning on walking in the 5k this year for the first time. I've actually been walking faithfully now for 10 months, so I'm ready!!!!

Jen Newsham said...

That's awesome Ladies!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...