Friday, August 20, 2010

Recipe Review: Meatloaf Muffins

As always I am so excited for the Recipe Review this week! It is another one of our favorite meals, Meatloaf Muffins. I found this recipe off of the Weight Watchers message boards. Here is the link for the recipe for Meatloaf Muffins.

I like meatloaf, however when I went to slice a normal sized meatloaf into ten servings it did not feel like I was allowed to eat very much. However, when I cook Meatloaf Muffins, they are already portioned out, so I do not have to cheat. I always feel like what I am eating is more than enough. The other advantage is that it is easy to make and I always end up with leftovers, which I love.

I mix all the ingredients together. Jon has always told me that the best way to make meatloaf is with my hands, so be prepared to get a little messy. I added some chopped up carrots to add extra flavor and healthy vegetables.


I spray each muffin cup with PAM cooking spray, so that the meatloaf does not stick to the pan. Separate the mixture into twelve individual muffins.


After only thirteen mintues my kitchen was filled with the wonderful aroma of meatloaf. These muffins will be fully cooked in thirty minutes.


I normally have two muffins for one meal, but that depends on how many points I have left for the day. I enjoy eating my meatloaf with barbecue sauce, but you can pair them with anything you like!


I hope you try and enjoy this as much as I do.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I am a cooking fanatic and am always looking for new recipes to try. I will definitely have to try this one! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa
http://thechroniclesofarookiemom.blogspot.com/

RUNNINGMYRACE said...

I'll have to try these!

TALLGIRLX3 said...

I make a very similar recipe to this that I got from kraft.com. My hubby loves it so much he'd eat it several times a week if I'd let him!
These are def. yummy and I love that the cook time is so much less b/c you aren't cooking one large meatloaf so the middle gets done much quicker.

Jana said...

I have a question for you. My friend and I have been making a ton of your recipes for about 3 months now. She made the meatloaf muffins and they turned out awesome. I made them tonight and they were mushy and didn't look anything like your pictures. Do you have any idea what I might have done wrong? Does it matter what type of bread I use? They were watery and mushy. I really want to make them and have them turn out great! I'll take any suggestions! Love your blog! God is so good and thank you for being a testimony of His love and faithfulness!

Thank you!
Jana

Jen Newsham said...

Jana - I'm not sure what went wrong for you on this recipe. I just use regular bread crumbs, but I have also used Quaker Oats as well. What kind of bread did you use?

Jana said...

I use the Sara Lee Delightful 45 calorie bread. Maybe it's not bulky enough. Also, my mother measured the egg whites and I thought it was only 1/4 cup and she gave me 1/2 cup. That could have been the problem. I am going to attempt them again for sure!! I will get this right!!

Tracey said...

Thanks for the recipe! Made the mini meatloaves tonight...YUM! I used oats instead of the bread crumbs and they turned out great. The whole family loved them! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...