Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Recipe Review: Maple Ham

Fall is just around the corner and I have to tell you that this is my favorite time of year. I love football, the sounds leaves make when they crumble under your footsteps, the colors, and slow cooker meals. I cook a lot of meals in my slow cooker. It's like magic! I get everything in the Crockpot the night before. Then before I leave for work I turn on the slow cooker. When I walk through the door, I can smell dinner waiting to be eaten! What could be better?

I like my crockpot so much that I posted a picture of it for you.




The recipe I made this week was from the cookbook I got as a present for Christmas this past year. It is called, "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow" by, Stephanie O'Dea. She has some great recipes. If you love slow cooker recipes you should check out her blog called, A Year of Slow Cooking.

Here is the recipe for Maple Ham.



This recipe requires very little prep work. Most of the time I make this on a Sunday, so that when Jon and I get home from church, lunch is ready for us. I always buy a smaller ham and cut the recipe in half or more, because just Jon and I eat it. Sometimes I have not had pineapple juice, as in this case pictured below. I just take any juice I have and add it in place of the pineapple juice. It takes great!



Here is the final product. I like to eat ham with rice and corn, but you could choice any sides you like. The ham does not get dried out which is great. This is such a great recipe!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love to use my crockpot and am always looking for healthy new recipes. Thanks for the link

Jen Newsham said...

Jennifer - You're welcome! I just love crockpot recipes.

Stephanie ODea said...

oh my. What a cute crockpot!!

I'm so glad you like the ham; we do too.
xoxo steph

Jen Newsham said...

Hi Stephanie. Thanks for visiting my blog. I just had to share my crockpot, because I use it so much. Just love your recipes!!

CAROLJEAN64 said...

I am in love with fall as well. The colors, the smell, the apples, cozy clothes, fires in the fireplace. I need to get my slow cooker out and use it again.

JCVWKING said...

I love the smell of burning leaves, weird huh?

Unknown said...

Hi I just got a notification that you want to follow my blog so I checked out your blog and I am so impressed with what you have accomplished. I too am trying to do better and get slimmer. I am new to the blog world and have less than 40 so far at this site
http://odielangley.blogspot.com and email odie@qualityofficeequipmentinc.com
I will go deeper into your blog as I have time. I am in NC

Jen Newsham said...

Odie Langley - Thanks for visiting my blog! I look forward to seeing more of you in the blogging world.

Joe Todd said...

You have a neat blog. I use the slow cooker for most everything but had not tried ham..

Jen Newsham said...

Joe Todd - You should try it! I had never heard of it until a friend of mine cooked her ham in the crockpot for Thanksgiving. I hope it goes well!

Ashleigh said...

I saw the "recipe" picture and immediatley knew what cookbook that was ... Stephanie O'Dea's or a.k.a. splattered, worn, and actually used at my house :) I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I can't find a ham at a good price. Looks yummy :)

Jen Newsham said...

Ashleigh - That cookbook is used on my house very often as well. I hope you find ham at a good price soon, because this is a great recipe.

nikki said...

What type of ham did you use?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...