Friday, August 13, 2010

My Bucket List



I love writing lists! One of my favorite things to do is write out a list and check off things that I have accomplished. Sometimes I will add things to my list that I have already done just so that I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off my list. For those of you who are wondering, yes, I am a first born and have ALL the first born tendencies in the book.

I also dreams. I actually have a lot of dreams, hope, and aspirations of things that I want to do before I die. Many people call this their “bucket list”. I have been thinking about my bucket list for a long time. One of my blog friends, Mrs. O, inspired me to sit down and write out my own bucket list and track as I accomplish each thing on my list. I finally sat down to write it out, which took way too long. I really feel that today is the perfect day to share this with you, especially after yesterday’s blog.

Please know that this is by no means a complete list. I have so much I want to do. I reserve the right to add to this list at anytime. In no particular order:

My Bucket List

Bold – Completed
Italics – In progress

1. Write a book
2. Get my book published
3. Learn to speak a language fluently
4. Become a mother
5. Reach my Ultimate Goal Weight of 135
6. Wear a size 4
7. Start and finish Jillian’s 30 Day Shred
8. Earn my Master’s degree
9. Earn my Doctorate degree
10. Go to Disney World
11. Run a 5K without stopping
12. Run a half marathon
13. Run a marathon
14. Live in another country for at least a year
15. Go skydiving
16. Go to China
17. Confidently wear a bikini
18. Become Best Friends with God
19. Go on a Missions Trip to Africa
20. Kiss my husband in front of the Eiffel Tower
21. Go on a Cruise
22. Win a Radio Contest
23. Become a Missionary Overseas
24. Pay off our School Debt
25. See the Pyramids
26. Ride an Elephant through the Jungle
27. Minister to Women, like Beth Moore
28. Go Backpacking through Europe
29. Learn to Ski/Snowboard
30. Change a Life
31. Learn to play the Piano
32. Go on a Girl's Vacation with my Mom and Sisters
33. Memorize an Entire Book of the Bible from Start to Finish
34. Go Scuba Diving
35. Climb a Mountain
36. Minister with College Friends
37. Learn Sign Language
38. Donate my hair to Locks of Love
39. Lead my favorite Tuesday night Weight Watchers meeting (For more, click here)

6 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Thanks for the link! Your list looks great! I think the best part about them is the excitement in deciding what to do next. I'm glad to have a buddy to travel this journey together. It's always better to have someone to celebrate with!
Mrs. O

Jennifer said...

You're welcome! I can't wait to get working on this list and more!

Jennifer

Chelle said...

Well, you should be able to mark off "Change a life." You have changed your life and you've also changed mine!

By the way, can I just say that I want to be with you when you see go see the pyramids for the first time!

Jennifer said...

I want you to be there too! I will go an mark "change a life" off of my list.

Danielle Hawes said...

I love this!

You are awesome Jen!

My goal weight is the same as yours! What an encouragement to me!

Jen Newsham said...

Danielle - Really! I can't wait for you to reach your goal!! We can be goal weight twins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...