Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Source: Southern Living, FEBRUARY 2010
1 (16-oz.) package linguine
1 (7-oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons thin fresh basil strips
1. Prepare linguine according to package directions.
2. Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 Tbsp. oil. Cut tomatoes into thin strips.
3. Heat pine nuts in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Remove nuts from skillet.
4. Increase heat to medium, and sauté garlic in 2 Tbsp. reserved oil and olive oil in skillet 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, and remove from heat.
5. Toss together tomato mixture, hot cooked pasta, feta cheese, and basil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
Yield: Makes 6 servings