Thursday, August 5, 2010

Recipe Review: French Toast

I have been such a slacker when it comes to giving feedback on recipes. I apologize for not posting anything last week. To help us get back on track, here is the recipe review blog for a recipe this week.

French Toast Recipe

It is extremely rare that I ever have enough time in the morning to make a big breakfast. I really enjoy breakfast foods, so as a result in our family, we eat breakfast foods for dinner. My favorite breakfast food is French Toast with a little peanut butter and syrup! Yum!!

This is a very quick and easy recipe that will not take much time at all. It's not in the recipe, but I always add a little bit of cinnamon to the egg mixture. I just think it makes it taste better. I have made a bunch and refrigerated them so that I can heat them up to eat the next day.





Have you tried this recipe? What do you think?

. . . . . . . . . .
French Toast

Ingredients
1/3 cup fat-free skim milk
1 egg
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp table salt
cooking spray
4 slices Low-Cal bread

Instructions
In a wide, shallow bowl, beat together milk, egg, egg whites, vanilla and salt.

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Dip bread, one piece at a time, into egg mixture; turn to coat both sides. Cook bread in a single layer, flipping once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.

Yields 2 pieces French toast per serving.

5 pointsplus+, 3 points

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...