I have received some questions recently about how I am able to resist temptation and make healthy food choices. So when I found myself tempted this evening I decided to share my experience with you. To be completely honest, I have eaten more then I should have today. It is always harder for me to watch what I eat on the weekend, because I never really know what my schedule will look like. I need to get better at that, but that's a different story for another time.
Tonight, while Jon was at work, I went to the grocery store. For the most part I stocked up on healthy foods for this next week. As a special treat, I decided to buy some Pillsbury Orange Sweet Rolls for my husband. He is not on Weight Watchers and really doesn't need to be. The sweet rolls come in a tube and when I got home they had opened. I did not want to throw them away so I decided to bake them and save them for when Jon got home from work.
Those sweet rolls smelled so good as they baked and I really wanted to eat one. There it is, do you see it? Temptation. That's right at that moment when I wanted one of those sweet rolls temptation had entered my brain.
Then came the debate between temptation and logic.
Here are the things I knew:
1. I knew that because I was alone that I would end up eating more than one roll.
2. I thought of my new clothes that I just bought yesterday! I went shopping and found a pair of pants and a dress that were both on clearance. I was so excited about getting new clothes. I don't want to out grow my new clothes before I even get to wear them.
3. I thought about you, my readers. I have been so encouraged by your feedback and willingness to open up to me and I did not want to betray that trust.
4. I knew that I had other snacks to eat for dessert. I had just gone to the store to stock up on low points snacks and this would be the perfect time to eat them!
5. Finally, I knew that I had already eaten too much today and that if I had planned better it would be okay to eat these sweet rolls. But I had chosen to eat other things instead.
The timer went off for the sweet rolls. I pulled them out of the oven and iced them. Don't they look deliciously deadly! I am proud to say that I did not eat one, they are all in the fridge waiting for Jon to come home. Then I pulled out my camera to start taking pictures for this blog!
Like I said, I had other things to eat for dessert. This Italian Ice was so good and I did not feel guilty after eating this. As an added bonus it was only 2 points!
So, that was my experience with temptation tonight. I did it! It's not easy. But I have worked for almost two years to develop habits to help me resist temptation. I hope that this encourages you the next time you find yourself tempted to eat something that is not good for your weight loss program. If I can do it, anyone can!!
Just for fun, I thought I would post pictures of my new purse (that was also on clearance)!! I think it is the perfect handbag for fall and it is different from anything else I have ever bought. My favorite part are all the pockets.