Here is a summary of my Weight Watchers meeting on March 23, 2010.
Learning from past experiences is a key skill for success, this week focus on what really works and learn from what doesn't.
• TRACKING-This makes us more aware of the choices we are making!
• MEASURING/WEIGHING-In reference to food this helps us be better aware of our portion sizes...you may be pleasantly surprised! One member measured everything this week and found that by eyeballing his portions he was actually giving himself a lot less than a true serving, he enjoyed more food for his points and over 4 pounds gone on the scale! Another member measured the parmesan cheese she normally sprinkles on pizza and found she was using 2 pts worth...she mentioned that in the future she will not be using parmesan the pizza is just as good without the extra points! Now in reference to YOU and your body....By taking your measurements monthly along with weekly weigh ins you are able to see progress that may not always show on the scale. So pull out those tape measures and get those measurements!
• ACTIVITY-We all know the benefits of adding activity to healthier eating habits, when we add activity we see and feel results! If this is new to you start out slow, 5 minutes is better than no minutes, so take a short walk, do some spring cleaning-it all adds up! By adding just a few more minutes to your normal activity can really shake things up.
• ATTENDING WEEKLY MEETINGS-This is where you can inspire and be inspired!
• A POSITIVE ATTITUDE-This can get us past any slip-up! Keep a positive attitude, remember one cookie even a bag of cookies or chips is not going to ruin all your hard work unless YOU allow it to! Did you enjoy those cookies or that bag of chips? Chances are you did, so once you realize OOOPS I just went over points, get right back on track-don't wait until the next day or the next weigh in and do NOT beat yourself up over it! You've come along way and you will reach your goals if you keep it positive!
What Doesn't Work:
• GIVING UP-giving up on tracking, activity, portions, attending your weekly meetings just DOESN'T Work! When you give up on those things that work you usually give up on yourself and old habits return, weight returns, and your attitude Changes!
Something to think about the next time you have a slip up and feel like giving up... Here are some slip-ups that WORKED!
Tasty Slip-ups: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ice Cream Cones, Potato Chips, and Coca Cola
Toy Slip-ups: Frisbee, Slinky, and Silly Putty
Sticky but Useful Slip-ups: Post-it note, Super glue, Velcro, and Scotchgard
Remember failure is just success turned inside out!