Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Blogmas Series: Trimming the Tree



Three months ago, our entire family moved to Hong Kong. We brought only what we could take in our suitcases, which wasn’t very much. As a result, I had to get rid of or leave behind most of our Christmas decorations. We brought along a small shoe box with some of our favorite Christmas ornaments, two nativity sets, and our stockings. 

Seriously, that was all we could bring with us. 

As a result of our big move, we are here we are on a very tight budget. This means, we do not have a lot of extra money to spend on new Christmas decorations this year. 

In an effort to stay on budget, I decided that we could make a lot of our own Christmas decorations. So, I began browsing Pinterest for inspiration and ideas of what I could do with the materials I already have at the house. I’ve been praying that the girls would be excited and blessed enough though we don’t have a lot of extra stuff right now. To my delight, the girls have had so much fun creating our own paper Christmas tree, snowmen, and more. They didn’t want to stop adding to our Christmas mural, because they were having so much fun making their own decorations. 

The Lord also blessed us with some hand-me-down decorations. We inherited a few strands of Christmas lights, greenery, ornaments, and two little stockings that we are going to use for the twins. We have used these items to decorate our home as well. We even put up some Christmas lights in the girls room, which is very exciting for them!!



In addition, our sweet friends even let us borrow one of their Christmas trees, this has been such a blessing for our family!! We would have been fine with just our paper tree. However, I am so thankful to be loved by a God who cares about me and my kids. He knows our family traditions and the culture we come from and is kind enough to help us celebrate Christmas is a way that will help Hong Kong to continue to feel more like home than ever.

I've been homesick and these extra special things have brought lots of extra Christmas cheer to my weary heart. I’m thankful that God continues to provide everything we need, day in and day out.



What about you? How are you decorating for Christmas this year?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...