Sunday, October 21, 2018

2018 Life Update

To put it plainly, this year has been overwhelming!! 

I have been pregnant with and gave birth to twin girls in June 2018. During part of my pregnancy, I was even place on modified bedrest as a precaution to make sure that I did not go into labor too soon. In addition to twins, my husband got a new job and our entire family is now living in Hong Kong. As a result, I am no longer working for Weight Watchers. On top of everything else, my Mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. It hard been a year of changes and challenges. 

I haven't had much time for writing or blogging. The blogging that I have done has been on my own personal family blog, My Newsham Family. I miss blogging and being in community with all of you. 

For those of you who are interested, here are some of the highlights...


.....
MY TWIN GIRLS
SAMSUNG CSC
Evelyn Rose (left) was born at home at 9:23am on June 23, weighing 7lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long. Zoey Faith (right) was born at home at 9:27an on June 23, weighing 7lbs 6oz and 19 3/4 inches long. We are praising God for two healthy babies, our incredible midwife Lincey and her team of midwives, our doula/mother-in-law Lisa, other family and friends, and so much answered prayer!! God is good!!


.....
HONG KONG

IMG_1637

My husband was hired as a commercial airline pilot and he will be based out of Hong Kong. As a result, our entire family packed up and moved to Hong Kong. By God's grace, on August 31st, 4 adults, 3 children, 2 newborns, and over 40 pieces of luggage arrived safely at Hong Kong International Airport. We had a few hiccups along the way, which leant that we flew out a day later that we had planned. However, God was with us for each and every step. We are still praising God for His goodness to us during this time!! 

To date, we've almost been in Hong Kong for 2 whole months!!


.....
MY MOM

42189042_579580984551_2654731217076748288_n

On August 2nd, my Mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. The hardest part for me has been being so far away in Hong Kong. Most days, I feel helpless, because I was to be there to help my Mom. 

If you have a desire to help, please donate to my Mom's Go Fund Me, she has a lot of extra expenses right now and it would be a blessing if you could relieve some of that burden for her right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...