Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Blogmas Series: Homemade Hot Chocolate


Would you like to know a random fact about me?

I do not like coffee.

I went to college in Portland, Oregon where everyone was crazy about coffee. I would get invited to go to Starbucks all the time. Honestly, I never knew what to order when I went out to Starbucks, because I didn't like coffee or hot drinks in general.

So, what was I supposed to order!?

As a result of this dilemma I decided that it would be worth it to acquire a taste for a few hot drinks. That way if someone invited me to Starbucks, I would have something to order other than water. Early on, my beverage of choice became hot apple cider. It was delicious and didn't have a hint of coffee in it/ Additionally, I have taught myself to enjoy hot chocolate and even some tea (which came in handy during my twin pregnancy).

I enjoy lots of different hot beverages now and I am so thankful I took the time to try new things. If I hadn't been willing to try something new, I never would have discovered some of my very favorites.

Today, I want to share a homemade hot chocolate recipe with you that my family enjoys every year. My friend makes homemade hot chocolate and it inspired me to try making this myself. I searched Pinterest for just the right recipe. Several years ago, I discovered this Homemade Hot Chocolate recipe from Anna Davis on the Kelly Moore blog. This recipe is delicious and I have been making it ever since.

Each year, I make a big batch and then keep some for us to enjoy! Then, I give the rest away to friends and family. I have even put the homemade hot chocolate in little bags and used this as stocking stuffers. It was a huge hit!!

I have included the recipe below.

.....

Homemade Hot Chocolate

Ingredients
1 (28 oz) container of Nesquick
1 (11 oz) container of creamer
1 (25.6 oz) container powdered milk
2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1 to 1 1/2 packs small marshmallows

Instructions
Stir it up and you're ready for hot chocolate.

Put in fun containers and give as Christmas gifts.

Add 4-5 Tbsp to 8 oz of hot water then adjust to taste.

Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...