Thursday, March 10, 2011

Taking on Emotional Eating

Source

I did not have a good weekend on Weight Watchers. This is not the first time this has happened to me, so I know that this happens. However, I still need to process it so that it does not happen again!

The hardest time for me to stay on plan are the few days before that time of the month. Do you know what I am talking about ladies? Or am I the only one? I get the munchies and feel like a bottomless pit that can never get full!! I eat and eat, but nothing ever seems to satisfy those very deep cravings that I have. I would eat one thing after another, never feeling full. In fact, I felt so guilty that I even confessed to my husband that I had blown my points for the day! He is extremely gracious with me and encouraged me that it would be okay.

What was my problem I wondered? Can I really just blame this on that time of the month?

No.

Last weekend, you could say that I was experiencing emotional eating. I have been very busy with work, church, friends, Bible study, chores, and hanging out with my hubby. All of these are good things, but when I am trusting in myself to get everything done it always ends up hurting me in the long run.

Thankfully, God longs for me to give my burdens and worries to Him, because I do not have the strength to carry them!! Last weekend, my pride kept me from asking God for help in the area of food and it cost me. He longs for me to take care of my body/temple, but I can only do that with His help.

Monday morning, I set out to get right back on plan. I ate a healthy and filling breakfast and brought lots of healthy and filling foods with me to work. I was so happy that I was able to stay on plan, but more importantly I was at peace knowing that I have handed over my burdens to God and left Him worry about them.

2 comments:

Meagan Joye said...

I know what you are talking about! That was me yesterday- I ate good filling meals but could never get full. I had to run to wal-mart last night and even bought a snickers bar and scarfed it down in the car on the way home. Ah! I totally blame it on "that time." Haha.

-J.D. Humenay said...

I just have a nasty salty/sweet tooth around that time of the month. So if I have a little sushi to satisfy one tooth, then the "sweet" craving becomes REALLY bad. I'm learning to just tough it out and look at the bigger picture. When I'm having lots of cravings, I find time to meditate and say "This too shall pass."

I'm also learning to recognize those irrational cravings and go from there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...