Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Speechless

Source

For the first time in a very long time, I don't know what to blog about. I am speechless, which is extremely rare for someone like me.

I want to be honest with you about where I am at, so let me try to explain.

Do you remember me telling you about my church's woman's conference that took place this last weekend? If not, you can check it out here.

It was incredible! God used each speaker to speak the truth of His word to my heart. God has shown me several areas in my life that I need to work on. It is exciting to know that God wants to make me look more like His son, Jesus. However, I have not had an opportunity to process everything that I am learning. My mind is full and heavy thinking about a lot of different things God is showing me.

I am simply at a loss for words. I do not know what to share with you, because there is so much I could share!

However, the most important thing I can share with you is the word of God. I want to share a verse with you that God used to encourage me this morning.

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you."
- James 4:7-8

3 comments:

-J.D. Humenay said...

That's great! And thinking is the first step! I get stuck in thinking sometimes too, but here's something that helped me:

A pastor I heard once used the analogy of a car. When you're a kid, and you're sitting in a parked car, you can barely turn the wheel! Eventually, it will get locked and you can't move it because the car isn't running/moving. But then your parent (God) gets in the car and as soon as it starts moving, the parent (God) can move the wheel where ever he/she wants it to go.

Case in point: God can always change your direction, as long as you're moving. ;)

Jen Newsham said...

J. Darling - Thanks for the encouragement!! I just love that analogy.

Ronel said...

Thank you for sharing the word!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...