Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birthday Pictures

I want to start by saying...
Source

My birthday is so close to St. Patrick's Day that you would think I have had a St. Patty's Day themed party, however this is just not true. I haven't even liked the color green until the last few years. Maybe next year I can combine my birthday and St. Patrick's Day. I guess you will just have to wait and see.

Here are a bunch of pictures from my birthday that I wanted to share with you. Let me just start by saying that I have the most amazing husband! You will come to agree with me by the time you finish this blog post, at least that's my goal.

Jon made this invitation for my birthday party. He did such a good job! He knows that I am crazy about the Elephant and Piggie books! Jon sent this invite out to our friends telling them to keep this a secret from me.

I had to work all day. I got home to find Jon cooking and there were flowers waiting for me on the kitchen table. They smelled so good!

Jon had gotten off work and rushed home to start making my birthday dinner of Chinese food. He told me that we had guests coming over! I was so surprised!

I am madly in love with this man!

Brenda and I work together and she was one of my many surprise guests! We decided to make our NCAA picks while Jon was busy cooking up a storm.

Jon chopped up these very spicy Chinese peppers, so that he could add them to his food. I am a baby and cannot tolerate many of these in my food, so Jon makes two separate dishes.

Our friend Bryan, Tabitha, and Wyatt showed up next with a birthday present for me. Isn't it beautiful!? They are so sweet and I just love it!

Tabitha, Wyatt, and me...Jon and I are really love this family.

Now it's the guys turn for a picture. Wyatt and Jon are matching.

Jon did an incredible job on dinner. He made all of my favorite dishes!

I just had to take a picture with my food, because it was so good!

For months I have been telling Brenda about Jon's Chinese food and this time she got to see for herself, just how good it is!

We went with Peanut Butter Rice Krispies treats this year. They were good! Oh I am holding on the my birthday tea light candle.

I was going to label my cup, "Birthday Princess", but thought that would be taking it too far.

Michael stayed later than everyone else, so we played the game of Life.

I was a teacher making $90,000 a year!

Jon was a police officer making only $30,000 a year.

By the end of the game I had 5 children! I had twins (a boy and a girl), then I had a baby girl, and then I adopted twins (a boy and a girl). There wasn't enough room in my small car for everyone.

It really was a great birthday party!! I had so much fun visiting with friends. I was showered with love and I am so thankful for that. Jon did such an incredible job, didn't he!?

4 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

Oh that's the best. Was it really your 27th b-day? I always tell everyone it's my 27th. Every year.

Jen Newsham said...

Yep!

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

Cute pics I have not played LIFE since I was a kid :-)

Losing Brownies said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...