Friday, March 25, 2011

Flashback Friday: Finally Feeling Pretty

On March 15 I celebrated my birthday. It was my second year in a row being at my goal weight!! That is such an incredible accomplishment to celebrate.

Something that I want to do this week with my Flashback Friday is to go back a remember just how far I have come.

Throughout my weight loss journey I kept track of important dates. I tried to keep track of both scale and non scale victories, so that I would have a record to refer back to on those weeks when I did not lose much weight or had a gain. There were so many milestones along the way and I did not want to forget about anything.

On March 24, 2009, I had written down that I lost another 5 pounds, which took my total to 39 pounds lost! That's practically 40 pounds lost from October 2008 to March 2009!!

Just nine days before I had my picture taken for my birthday. This picture became so special to me, because it was the first time I had felt pretty in years. It's sad, but true. This picture was something that I wanted to show to others, because I it was obvious that I was making progress.

Feeling pretty on my birthday, March 15, 2009.

Do you keep a record of your victories and stumbles? If not, maybe you should start. It is a great way to stay encouraged while you are on your weight loss journey.


Visit Tia for more flashbacks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to use my blog as a record. I do think this is a help. I have another blog that is just for my journaling on life and it has been helpeful to go back a read over posts and see how far I have come or sometimes how far I have strayed.

Thanks for sharing. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Jen Newsham said...

No Ordinary Me - You're welcome! Thank you for your encouragement!

Ronel said...

I have been struggling on my journey and I think it is because I forgot where I came from.... I am going to start recording both, thanks!!!

Lori Lynn said...

I've kept a journal off and on since I was a Junior in high school. I've had a blog for about 3 years, so I have a pretty good record of where I was at. I do remember multiple birthdays where I wasn't very happy, but for once this year, I'm actually at a weight that I like!!

Losing Brownies said...

You were beautiful before you lost the weight, you know that right?

It's great that you made yourself a record of your acomplishments!

SSHELTON17 said...

Thanks amazing! Happy belated birthday and congrats!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...