Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recipe Review: Weight Watchers Strawberry Pie

Having friends on Weight Watchers is so much fun! Two of the ladies in my Bible study joined Weight Watchers and our meals have completely changed! Each meal we make is points+ friendly. We always have the points+ values for the food we bring for dinner. It is such an encouragement to me to know that dinner will be something delicious and friendly to my daily points+ target.

As a result, each of us are always on the lookout for good Weight Watchers recipes. I got this Strawberry Pie recipe from another Weight Watchers friend named Gail. Gail makes good food and is always willing to share the recipes that she finds with others. I have been waiting for make this recipe for the ladies in my Bible study. I knew that they would enjoy it, especially because it is only 1 points+ per slice! This really was a hit and you can do some many different things with it.

I hope that you have some Weight Watchers buddies that you can share this recipe with too!

For the complete recipe, click here.

Your ingredients consist of sliced strawberries (I used some frozen strawberries and drained off the liquid), non-instant sugar free jell-o pudding, sugar free strawberry jell-o, and two cups of water.

I washed and sliced 4-5 cups of strawberries, enough to fill the pie pan.

Next, I made the non-instant jell-o pudding, mixing it with two cups of water instead of milk.

Heat the pudding up until it begins to thicken and boil.

Once, it starts to boil removed it from the heat and stir in the package of strawberry jell-o powdered mix.

When the jell-o has completely dissolved, pour the mixture over the strawberries in the pie pan.

Let it set in the fridge to chill and harden. This is what the finished product looks like.

It was sweet and yummy. The strawberry jell-o really made the entire pie taste nice and sweet. I think next time I will slice up some kiwi to add some color to the pie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, Jennifer!

Stitchabilities said...

Oh yummy, oh I am on the slimming world plan I wonder if I could work out the syns

-J.D. Humenay said...

Amazing! What a great idea!

mrsmarkdave said...

I wrote this recipe down and intend to try it. I will be unable to use sugar free pudding and jello because then my husband will REFUSE to eat it.
Maybe I'll make it and take it to small group next week. Then I'll have helpers to eat it :-)

Unknown said...

I have had a STRAWBERRY PIE years ago that was simaler to this one, but we didn't use the pudding. We LOVED it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...