Friday, February 25, 2011

Flashback Friday: The Pacific Northwest

This week, Jon and I purchased plan tickets to my sister, Vivian's wedding. She lives in Washington state and is getting married in May. My flashback today is simply going to take me home.

I'm not sure if you know this, but Texas is not my home. Jon and I currently live there, but we am not from Texas. Jon is from Colorado and China. I am from the Pacific Northwest!! I have a deep love for the Northwest and miss it very much. It has been almost two years since I my last visit.

I enjoy the rain.
I could shop at Powell's Books all day long.
I am a sweatshirt wearing flip-flop kind of girl.
I like hiking in the mountains.
I like swimming at the lake.
Two words Fred Meyer.
I like visiting the beach.
I miss Portland, OR and its weird self. That includes the PDX airport carpet!
Tillamook...enough said.
I have a membership to REI.
I own multiple Nalgene bottles and a Timbuk2 bag.
I long to see my family, most of whom live in the Northwest.
I am so excited to go home!!

Here are some pictures from my last visit home in July 2009.
This is me in front of Powell's Books, it is an entire city block of books!

The last time I was home we went swimming here. In high school I was always swimming or hiking. I just love being outside in God's beautiful creation.

Swimming with my Mom and sisters!

Bobbi, Amanda, Michelle, Vivian, me, and my Mom!

Hanging out in Portland, OR with Amanda and Michelle!


Visit Tia for more flashbacks.
Flashback Friday Button

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Kind of fun to read your post this morning. Most of my family lives in Oregon! Mom and dad are on the coast. Brother, sister, aunt and cousins are in Portland. :) The Tillamook cheese factory is a favorite haunt of ours. :)

Have a wonderful time on your trip!

mrsmarkdave said...

Dave's grandparents both live about 45 min to an hour south of Portland. I've been there twice. Once in January and once in August. I would love to go back. But, if I do - we're not telling the family. I would like to enjoy it ;-) Looks beautiful.

Losing Brownies said...

Ggadget Guy has damily in Oregon. I love Powell's Books!

Sarah said...

I live in the Northwest. Love it! I didn't know I liked the rain until I spent a year in the midwest. I missed the rain so much. Oh...and Fred Meyer rocks!

-J.D. Humenay said...

Hey there! I'm moving to Washington Next Month AND planning a November wedding up there!

Could you please pass on my e-mail to your sister? I'd love to hear a pacific Northwest bride's perspective! jdarlingmusic@aol.com

Jen Newsham said...

I'm so glad you all have Northwest connections!

J. Darling - I will pass along your email to my sister. I hope your move goes well!

Tia Colleen said...

Jen- you KNOW this one hits close to home for me. In more ways than one.

Seeing the pictures of the places that I've been to, and grew up around....

*sigh*

I miss home so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...