Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Daughter of the Most High


“Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God” – 1 John 1:12

I am a daughter of the Most High. I am here to tell you that I have the very best Heavenly Father, Daddy. My Heavenly Daddy takes such good care of me.

This week God showed me His great love for me in the smallest of things….bling.

That’s right! God used bling to show me that He loves me and the He will take care of me.

Ever year our church has a women’s conference, Feminar. I have been on the Feminar committee for about a year and a half. Each year we have t-shirts made for this event. There is a woman on our team that will add “bling” to our team’s t-shirts for a small fee. Last year, I could not wait to get my shirt blinged! Who wouldn’t it is so pretty!

However, this year when it came time to sign up to get our shirts blinged I wrote down NO next to my name. Don’t misunderstand me, I wanted that bling on my shirt, but I just could not do it. In my mind, I could not bring myself to ask Jon to spend money on something so frivolous. We are trying to be extra careful with our money so that we can have enough money to make our loan payments every month and bling does not fit into the budget.

…but God…

Let me just tell you that God has been working on my behalf. Yesterday morning, my friend and I were emailing about Feminar. She said that she noticed I had not written my name down for bling. She knows that money is tight for Jon and I right now and told me that if I wanted bling I would get bling! She was willing to pay for my shirt to get bling put on it! I opened her email and began to cry thinking God do you really love me this much!? Thank you Lord, Daddy, for loving me enough to provide something for me, just because you know I think it’s pretty!! That is my God!

I am overwhelmed and humbled by the way God continues to use people in our lives to bless us and provide for us.

I am a daughter of the Most High and my Daddy will take care of me!

Friends, if you are discouraged today, please take it to the Lord. He knows the deepest and smallest desires of our hearts. He desires to shower His blessing on us! Be on the lookout for how God might choose to work in your life this week. You don’t want to miss it, because it might come in a smaller package then you anticipated.

Expect God to show Himself to you in mighty ways!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Such an awesome post! My Heavenly Daddy took care of my family this week in a HUGE way! One that, even though we continued to pray and believe would happen...had no idea when or just HOW it would happen. And He provided 100 fold! Make sure to take a pic of you wearing your blinged out shirt for us to see!

Jen Newsham said...

I love when God comes in and provides in the most unexpected ways! I will make sure I take a picture of me in my blinged shirt. Thanks for the idea!

mrsmarkdave said...

That's such a neat story. He cares about even the "little" stuff.
He did this for me last April when Dave and I went to California. Our flight had been canceled from Dallas to L.A. We got put on 3 stand-by flights before we finally got onto one. It was frustrating, but what are you going to do? Unfortunately, we were not able to sit together. But I got an emergency exit row (MORE leg room). So, I handed my ticket over to Dave and found my seat next to some 14 year old boy. I was really struggling not being able to sit by Dave (and sitting by a stranger even if it was a kid) because I do not fly well and need him for my comfort (and I don't handle strangers well). But, I had to grin and bear it. OOPS! Forgot to give Dave his gum. I called him. He said the lady next to him was just upgraded to first class. So I told him to ask the flight attendant if I could sit with him. So, I hung up and waited. ANXIOUSLY waited. He took too long, so I called him again. He said he asked and was told they are trying to fill that seat. So, I just sighed and accepted that. Just a few minutes later, I saw the flight attendant come back to my section of the plane apparently looking for someone. My intense eyes were glued on her. Our eyes locked, and she said, "Is your husband up there in the emergency exit row?" I confirmed. She told me I could come on up. I almost cried. Almost crying just remembering it. So not only did I get to sit by Dave, but we both got the emergency exit row. That was such a blessing and what might seem like a small thing. But, it was huge to me, and God likes to bless us. Even if in small ways. Thanks for your post today. It is a great reminder of just a tiny part of God's great character.

Jen Newsham said...

MrsMarkDave - Thank you for sharing that story. I think that God wants us to see His love toward us everyday in the little things! I just need to remember to be looking!

Glucosamine said...

i really liked the flowers petals colour

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...