Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Advent Calendar

I am the kind of woman who loves to celebrate holidays. I love dressing up and decorating my house to match whatever holiday is just around the corner. As you know it's February, the month of LOVE!!


What that means is that I have Valentine's Day on the brain!! I believe that one of the reasons that Valentine's day is on the forefront of my mind is, because I decided to date my husband more this year. Do you remember me talking about that? If not, click here to refresh your memory.

So far our dates have been a big success! I have done a few fun, creative, and inexpensive dates for Jon and I, which have made our time together feel more intentional and special. You can imagine the pressure I began to feel as I was considering which date we should do for Valentine's day. I do have a few special things planned for Valentine's day.

One idea that I came across over at Love, Actually was to create a Valentine's day advent calendar. Cher posted a Valentine's Day Countdown back in January, which inspired me to create my very own Valentine's Day calendar.

This is my Valentine's Day Advent Calendar. The base of cork that I decorate to look more like Valentine's day. Then I made 14 different cards with instructions for each day.

I folded the cards and on the outside I wrote numbers 1- 14. I put them in order and attached them to the cork using push pins. I used the same wording for my cards that Cher used on her's in her Valentine's Day Countdown blog post.

This is the card from Day 1! We each made each other cute and cheesy cards that we exchanged at the end of the day.

This Valentine's Day advent calendar was practically free for me to make. However, it is just a little way to have some fun, intentionally showing Jon I love him the days leading up to Valentine's.

If you are looking for some good date ideas for Valentine's Day check out some of the websites below to get inspired.

Love, Actually Ideas
The Dating Divas
Tip Junkie Valentine's Day Ideas

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...