Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting Back on Track

This past week my goal was to get back on track. Tuesday after my Weight Watchers meeting Jon and I went to the store. The rule was that we could only buy healthy food. I am so thankful to have such a supportive husband on my side. We bought lots of fruit and veggies! We bought rice cakes, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, crystal light on the go drink mixes, string cheese, oatmeal, fiber one bars, and more. It was so much fun. Jon was so helpful to read off the calories, fat, and fiber to me. Then I would enter them into my points calculator to see if they were “healthy”. Toward the end of the shopping trip Jon snuck in some cookies, but took them to work with him so that I would not be tempted by them.

Wednesday was my first day back on plan. I was so nervous! I wanted to stay with my daily points allowance or 24. What I realized that day is that I know what I need to do in order to eat healthy, lose weight, and lead a healthy lifestyle. I had to go back to the basics. These basics are not new to me and have been drilled in my mind over the last 19 months. So I tracked, measured, planned, and prayed. I was not perfect, but I tried my hardest to make good choices.

The only real hiccup this past week came Sunday. It was Jon’s birthday and for dinner we decided to eat the rest of the leftover Chinese food, that I had not touched all week. It was such a treat.

I went to Weight Watchers last night to weigh in and was relieved to find out that I had lost 1.6 pounds! Yes! That was confirmation that I am on my way to getting back on track. I need to add exercise back into my schedule, but I am trying not to overwhelm myself.

Jon and I are moving this week and I am nervous, because stress is something that really drives me to eat more then I need to. However, I am going to continue to take it one day at time. Thankfully I have healthy snacks in the house if I do feel like eating at least I will have some healthy items to choose from.

2 comments:

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

I'm so proud of you for getting back on track! I gotta do the same thing.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Toni! You can do it. I keep telling myself that I have worked too hard to throw it all away now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...