Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Refusing to Give Up

source

Last Tuesday night at my weigh in I gained 2 pounds! I could tell that it was coming, but that still did not make me feel any better!

After the meeting, I decided that I needed to get back on track, because two pounds could easily become twenty. In order to do that, I understood that I had to go back to the basics. This week I started tracking everything I ate, weighing & measuring my portions, making healthy choices, and saying no to the foods that I knew would not satisfy me.

This choice to start over and get back on track was met with a lot of opposition!

Saturday was the hardest day of all, because I was home alone and tired. I do not make the greatest food choices when I am tired. In college, I used food as a way to stay awake to study and that habit has been very hard to break. I even wrote about my struggle on my blog's Facebook page, " I'm home alone, tired, and I am overeating! Ah! I'm chewing on gum now and I am about to go brush my teeth, because I don't need to eat anything else."

I made mistakes on Saturday, but I did not let that ruin the rest of my week. Sunday morning I got up and ate a healthy breakfast. After church Jon and I went for a 4 1/2 mile walk! Do you know what? Sunday and Monday I was able to stay within my daily PointsPlus target!

It feels so good to see how far I have come! Before Weight Watchers I would have given up and continued to eat as a result of my failures. However, Weight Watchers has taught me that one mistake, one bad day, is not enough to throw away your entire week! I have forgiven myself and learned a little something in the process.

Tonight, I weigh in and I am excited to see how I did. Even if the number on the scale is not what I want it to be I know that I have learned a lot about myself this week and I cannot be mad about that!

Don't throw in the towel, because you make one mistake. We all make mistakes every day, but that is not a good reason to give up. Keep pressing on!

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

4 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

I know what you mean. One bad choice, for me, turns into a bad day which turns into two bad days. Often that turns into a bad week and in the past has led to a bad month. which would explain why I'm only down 7 pounds since April...of LAST year.
I was down 13 something, but with my 7 pound gain last week I'm back into the single digits.
But I will NOT give up. I keep asking God to change my heart, and I'm ordering a copy of Made to Crave because I think I need to read that book everyday. For the rest of my life.

Mrs. Allbright said...

I have a lot of "good ideas" in my head but never put it fully into action...and stick with it! Good for you for sticking with it and getting back on track. :)

Toni said...

Way to stay positive Jen! I read something similar somewhere awhile ago. The article talked about how, instead of saying "I did so well for 2 weeks! How could I have screwed up?" say "I made it two weeks without messing up a litte. That is a long time. Good for me!" I feel like you have that attitude down. I love you!

-J.D. Humenay said...

Way to go! Each decision is a step toward or away from a healthy weight goal. That means if you make ONE bad one, make ONE good one next time. I'm struggling with this one myself, but I keep healthy stuff around the house and try to keep in mind- one day at a time! I use Myfitnesspal to track - and even found a GREAT way to work out! My Sailor and I do Just Dance 2 for the Wii for 1 hour and it's a fun time AND a great work out! We're totally soaked w/ sweat after!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...