Thursday, June 2, 2011

Recipe Review: Bajito Chicken

A while back several of my close friends decided to join Weight Watchers. At first I thought nothing of it and was excited for them. But I have found that I really like that we all have Weight Watchers in common. It is nice to have people who understand me when I talk about PointsPlus values. The best part about having friends on Weight Watchers is the encouragement that they provide me! I no longer feel like I am on this journey alone!

Another bonus that comes with having friends who are on Weight Watchers is that we are all on the look out for new recipes, foods, and snacks that are PointsPlus friendly. Whenever we find and try something that is good we let each other know. By myself I would not have been able to find half of the things that I have learned from my friends.

So, here is a recipe review for a recipe that one of these friends shared with me! This Bajito Chicken is made in the Crock Pot. It is so delicious! The chicken ends up being really juicy and not dry. This is a family favorite and my husband could not tell it was a healthy recipe the first time I made it!

The Ingredients

First, put the chicken in your slow cooker. Next, add green chilies and salsa.

Then add your Splenda brown sugar.

Next, add the cumin.

Finally, add the Sprite zero or any kind of diet lemon-lime soda.

Stir everything up and let it cook until it is finished.

I completely forgot to take a picture of the final product. However, when the chicken is fully cooked, shred it with a fork and serve. We eat this in tortillas with some cheese on top.

. . . . . . . . . .
Bajito Chicken
Source: Elise Mason

Ingredients
6oz Sprite (diet)
¼ cup Splenda Brown Sugar
½ cup salsa
1 can green chilies
Cumin (1 Tbsp, optional)
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breast

Instructions
Put in crock pot, cook 5-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Shred and serve on tortillas.

Servings varies; 3 PP+ for 3oz of chicken

3 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

This sounds like a great recipe!
Im going to try it, thanks for sharing.
Melissa

roxykalei said...

I really didn't like this when I tried it. Or maybe I put too much Splenda Brown Sugar blend? Mine came out bitter.... Thanks for sharing. I really like all your other recipes that I have tried though...

Unknown said...

I love your recipes and will be trying them, im just curious of some of the calorie counts, but I can figure that all out

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...