Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting Up Again

source

This morning I got up and went into the living room to read my Bible. You would think that this was a holy time where I could focus on the most important person in my life, the Lord. However, that was not the case this morning. I woke up tired and irritated. It did not help that Jon’s alarm was going off while I was trying to pray, then after I turned that off his alarm, someone’s car alarm started going off outside!

What is up with that? Don’t people know that I am trying to focus and spend time with the Lord.

I wrote in my journal and prayed that God would help me focus and not let me be consumed with all the distractions around me.

I finished my time with the Lord and went to get ready for the day. I had not left my poor attitude with the Lord and therefore the Jon saw a side of me that I am not proud of, because I was moody and disrespectful. These are not words that I want people to use to describe me!

After realizing Jon called me out on how I was acting I began asking God for help and strength by praying that He would change my heart!

I even went to my can of encouragement that I have to pull out a Bible verse praying that it would speak to me. On my note card was Galatians 6:9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

Then after getting to work I sat down to read the Proverbs 31 devotional that I was too busy to read yesterday. Do you know what it was about? Getting up again and not giving up! Do you see the repetition?

My morning started off bad, but I have a choice to make. I can let that ruin the rest of my day or I can apologize get up and try again.

With God’s help I am going to try again, please pray that I will rely only on God today.

Is there something that you have given up on? I pray that God would help you stand back up and try again.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Pretty picture choice! I needed to read this today, so thank you for your willingness to share. I've been overwhelmed by housework lately and was about to give up. It may seem like a minor thing, but I'm a stay-at-home mom and having a clean house is part of that job for me. I have fallen behind and, because of your post this morning, I'm ready to jump back into it and make a difference around here.

-J.D. Humenay said...

Maybe that Galatians verse you pulled out and shared was for me! I've been having a really hard time with my weight battle lately. I'm just so discouraged! I feel like I've been on a diet or doing a "lifestyle change" for about 15 years now. Granted, I have NEVER gone back up to my highest weight, so I have made some changes that have stuck, but it's annoying that I can't seem to get my act together and KEEP it all off. I mean, by this point I know how to do it. I know what it takes to lose weight right.
But that verse has been really encouraging! Reminds me to JUST NOT GIVE UP. Because I'm a daughter of the King and I'm worth it.;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...