Monday, June 6, 2011

A Hole In My Ceiling...?

I woke up this morning around 5:30am, which is normal for me. I got up and was ready to read my Bible in the living room when I head a noise, "drip". Turning around I looked in the dining room and kitchen to see what could have possibly made this noise, however I really did not make much of an effort to get up and investigate. I opened my journal and I heard the noise again, "drip". Where it that coming from I thought? "Drip"...."drip"...."drip....

This is going to drive me crazy. Who can focus on there Bible with noise like this in the background? "Drip"

Reluctantly, I put my Bible down and got up to search for this "drip". I thought this it was coming from something in Jon's backpack. Instead I was able to determine that this drip was instead coming from our ceiling!


There was a wet spot in the carpet where this drip had been making it's mark for a while. Disoriented from just waking up, I stood there wondering what I should do. "Why do things like this always happen when Jon is gone?", I wondered. Just as a personal side note, I believe that these things happen while Jon is gone, so that I will learn to depend on God in all things.

Slowly I made my way to the laundry closet to pull out a bucket and some rags. I put the bucket on a chair, so that I would be able to wipe up the water spot on the floor.


I went back to my room to read my Bible and prayed that the constant drip, drip, drop would not drive me crazy. Even as I write it is distracting, but oh well there is no sense in getting upset about this.

Look at all the water I have collected so far!


I called our maintenance office and I am sure they will fix this as soon as possible. I keep singing the song, "There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza..." Only in my case, there is not a hole in my bucket, but my ceiling.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad you have maintenace to deal with the problem and that you don't have to do it yourself! Years ago when I was a renter, I woke up one morning to a loud crash. What had been a leak in our bathroom that I had complained about many times had finally come crashing down...the entire ceiling. Yep, 15 minutes before I was supposed to get up and would have been in that very bathroom getting ready. It was a disaster.

Stay on em until they get it fixed...that's my advice!

Be blessed and have a great day...despite the dripping.

Jen Newsham said...

Kimberlynn - Oh my goodness! I am so glad that you were not already in the bathroom. I will stay on them so nothing like that happens!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...