Friday, June 17, 2011

I did it!!

Last night, I passed my final Weight Watchers leader training session. I lead the entire meeting as if I was the real leader. I talked with members, answered questions, lead the meeting, gave the Getting Started Session, and helped pack everything up. When it was all said and done I was told that I passed!!

Now that I have gone to Basic Leader School and completed my four required training sessions, I am officially a Weight Watchers leader!!

Did you hear me? I am a Weight Watchers leader? WOW!

I have to sit back and process this for a moment, because I am more overwhelmed then I thought I would be. I am not overwhelmed emotionally, by the significance of this accomplishment.

Please don't get me wrong...I have been excited about the idea behind becoming a Weight Watchers leader, because I get to walk with other people as they are on their own weight loss journeys. I am excited for God to use me in ways to continue to glorify Him through my weight loss. However, what I did not anticipate is the fact that this would be such a huge milestone for me.

I have come so far and sometimes I forget that.

I never would have imagined in my wildest dreams that someday I would be a Weight Watchers leader. I can still remember the feels I had as I attended my first meeting back in October 2008. I was nervous and unsure if I even wanted to be apart of this program.

But God...

God changed everything for me. He used Weight Watchers to help me lose over 90 pounds. He also used my weight loss as a way to change me to be more like His son, Jesus. I never thought God cared, but look at the beautiful transformation that can take place when we let go and let God be Himself.

Thank you Lord for NEVER giving up on me.

"to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes" - Isaiah 61:3

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see how God will continue to use you to touch others through weight loss. You know, you may just be that person for me. I just stumbled upon your blog yesterday and have since been inspired to rejoin a Weight Loss support site and even worked out for the first time in 2 years. It isn't just your success...it's your faith through your success that has really spoken to me. Keep it up!

Jen Newsham said...

Thanks Chrystal! I am so excited for you to get support for your weight loss. It's hard to reach out to others sometimes, but it is worth it!

Dawn said...

That is so awesome! What an accomplishment. Congratulations:) God is good!

Chelle said...

Congratulations Jen! I am so proud of your faithfulness in to God and allowing him to work in you. He deserves all the glory for his transforming work. And you were faithful in remaining available to him and persevering in the way he set before you. I love you so much! And I am celebrating with you. You could have probably lost the weight on your own, but only God could bring you to a place where he could help you use your journey to impact and transform other people's lives. That's discipleship right there. May you continue in the power of the Spirit so that lasting change occurs!

Anonymous said...

what an awesome story.
I'm now following you.
I'm 62 years old and have lost 70 pounds so far. still have 40 to go. thanks for the insperation.
Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...