Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Top 5 Birthday Memories

source

It always feels weird to write a blog post about myself on my birthday. I do not want it to seem like I am fishing for compliments and birthday wishes. Today, I was just going to take a pass at blogging altogether, but I came up with another great idea instead. I would like to share with you one of my favorite birthday memories! I know that it's not Friday, but I still think that writing a flashback blog post would be a fun way to celebrate my birthday today!

Now, I just have to decide what birthday memory I want to share with you! I could not do just one, so here are my top 5 birthday memories.

Top 5 Birthday Memories

5. My Rollerskating Birthday Party

source

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade, my Mom organized a rollerskating birthday party for me. It was so much fun!! We invited my entire class to my birthday party, which didn't seem like the best idea at first. However, it turned out to be one of my most memorial birthdays!


4. My Spring Break Birthday


In March 2008, Jon and I were able to travel to Hollywood, CA to visit Jon's family. On our trip I ate at In-N-Out Burger for the first time, visited Santa Monica Pier (where we saw Adam Sandler), went to Disneyland, and spent time having fun with Jon's family. Jon's Mom, Lisa, makes amazing cakes and I was excited that she was going to make a birthday cake for me! She made me an elephant birthday cake!! This is the first and only elephant birthday cake that I have ever had and I loved it. We had such an awesome time on our trip and this really was one of my favorite birthdays!


3. My YMCA Birthday Party

I love to swim (I get that from my Mom)!! As a child I was on a swim team and traveled to compete in competitions. In either 2nd or 3rd grade my Mom let me have my birthday party at the YMCA. We reserved the pool so that me and my friends could go swimming!! I never thought that I pool party for my birthday would be possible, because my birthday is in March and it's always too cold for swimming this time of year. I am so thankful that this didn't stop my Mom from planning such an awesome birthday party for me!


2. My Scavenger Hunt Birthday

When my 20th birthday came along I was away at college and I wasn't expecting much on this birthday other than the standard birthday wishes. To my surprise, my friends had planned an entire birthday scavenger hunt for me that took us all over Portland, OR!! My friends even managed to find me a sub on the evening of my birthday, so that I didn't have to work that night. I had such an amazing time trying to solve the clues that I was given. It all ended with an amazing birthday dinner at Red Robin (one of my favorite restaurants)!!


1. My First Birthday with Jon


My favorite birthday is the first one that I ever spent with Jon!! Jon and I had just started to become friends when my 21st birthday came around. We had been playing a game of Tag with some friends of ours. We would all go to great/silly lengths to communicate to the other person that we had tagged them. Jon thought it would be funny if he filled my dorm room with balloons that said, "Tag you are it" on them. He had my entire dorm section in on his plan too!

When I opened my door balloons spilled out letting me know that I had been tagged and wishing me a happy birthday. This birthday was also special, because Jon made real Chinese food for me on my birthday. It's been my meal of choice ever since! I love Jon so much!!


Visit Jen for more flashbacks.

Flashback Friday

3 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

You have nothing to worry about blogging about yourself on your b-day. I'd say it's most definitely your prerogative. I actually have a cup-cake shaped magnet on my fridge that is made out of glass so that you can write on it and it says "Blank days until it's my birthday". I took a picture of it when it got to zero, posted it on my blog, and emailed it to my friends and family. So...you're fine :-)
Happy Birthday! I hope it's a really special day for you. You deserve it totally!!!!!!

-J.D. Humenay said...

I LOVE that balloon idea! I might borrow it for my Sailor's next birthday! (Hopefully in our new house!)

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Your favorite birthdays sound so special! =)

Love the rollar skating party!

Happy Birthday!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...