Thursday, March 22, 2012

Preparing for My 5K

source

This Saturday, I am walking in a 5K!!

A few weeks ago, I told you about how I was planning to be walk in a 5K. To read that blog post, click here.

Thankfully, I was able to find someone to lead my Weight Watchers meeting this week for me in my absence. I hate that I have to miss my meeting! Each week, I enjoy being able to connect with my members as they share their victories and struggles with me. However, participating in this 5K is important to me and I feel like it is something that I need to do for myself.

I have been doing a lot of walking in preparation for this 5K. Since January I have been trying to walk for 30-40 minutes at least 4-5 days a week. I get a 1 hour lunch break at work. I have discovered that my lunch break is a great time for me to get up from my desk and go outside for a walk!

There are several reasons why participating in this 5K event is important to me.

First, I know that it is important for me to exercise during my pregnancy. I could not ignore the benefits of exercising during pregnancy. So, for the last 17 weeks I have made an effort to go walking as much as possible!

Second, I want to pass on a healthy lifestyle to my child and what better way to do that then to tell my son/daughter that I walked in a 5K while I was pregnant with them!

Third, as my pregnancy continues I want to be able to look back at this accomplishment with confidence! Knowing that I completed this 5K will help be a source of encouragement to me when I am down or discouraged.

Finally, I like 5K walks/runs! Yes, a huge part of why I am doing this is for my unborn child. However, this is something that I enjoy doing. I like walking/running and that is another reason why I am participating in this walk! I cannot wait until my baby is born and I can more up from 5K's to 10K's to Half-Marathons to one day finishing a Full-Marathons!

I will be sure to take pictures at my 5K and share them with you next week!

Are you planning on participating in any races this year? What are you training for now?

If you have never participated in a 5K maybe you should start thinking about taking the Weight Watchers Walk-!t Challenge which is coming up soon!!

2 comments:

Racheal said...

So excited about your 5K!

I am running a few 5Ks this year, and I am also running a 2nd half! Can't wait! :)

mrsmarkdave said...

I walk/run 5k plus a little more right around 5 days a week. However, the past couple of weeks I've been spending my time on the elliptical.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...