Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Secret Weapon...Power Foods

I have the most amazing blog readers!! I just want to thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, while I’ve been sick. I was actually able to sleep through the night last night, which I haven’t been able to do in days. I’m still not 100 percent, but I am getting better. Please keep praying for me as you think of it!

This morning, I want to give you the meeting summary from my Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday, January 28, 2012.

"Power Foods our weapon of mass reduction!"

source

In an article from the Weight Watchers website, Melissa Speri talks about ways that we can, "Pile on the Power Foods".

There's a reason Weight Watchers made all fruits and most veggies Power Foods – and 0 PointsPlus values: They're a fabulous tool for weight loss. Here's how to get them into your meal plan.

If you're like many people, you may find it hard to fit five servings of fruits and vegetables into your menu each day. It makes sense: When you're more used to extra breads, meats and cheeses than veggies and fruits, it's a big adjustment.

But it's an important part of the Plan, so do what you can to make the change. It's worth it. In addition to all fresh fruits and most vegetables having zero PointsPlus values, fruits and veggies offer the following perks:

• They make you feel fuller.
• They're rich sources of disease-fighting antioxidants.
• They reduce the risk of heart disease.
• They provide folic acid, vitamins and minerals.
• They increase energy, fight infection, improve regularity, keep skin healthy, promote normal blood clotting and build bones!

Fitting them in
There are many ways to include more fruits and vegetables into your meals. Variety is key. When you go grocery shopping, pick up a fruit you've never tried before or spice up your green beans with a fiery peanut sauce instead of the usual butter spray.

Here are some tricks to try:

• Add vegetables to frozen entrees, pasta dishes, soups or wraps.
• Use frozen veggies to save time. Add them to recipes or use them on their own.
• Snack on crudités with salsa, hummus, low-fat dip or dressing.
• Buy fresh seasonal, local or organic veggies, which are often more flavorful.
• Mix fruits into salads for a surprising new taste.

4 comments:

BLESS YOUR HEART said...

You look great from your weight loss. Great tips! Erica

Anonymous said...

My family is loving the addition of the extra power foods. My hubby keeps telling me how much better he feels and the children are asking for fruit for snacks. I also find I am not craving sweets if I eat fruit while they are snacking on other things.

Hope you are feeling better.

fat transfer said...

Lower calories make effective health and fitness. It supporting well to burn fat and make body free from pain and fat. Fruits are most helpful which make good support to its.

Dharma said...

Power foods have made a difference in my weight loss. I now have my plate filled with 3/4 of veggies and 1/4 protein! Also, veggies are very low in sodium.
Today I lost 10% of my weight!!! I got my key chain. God has been gracious to me alone this journey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...