Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Preparing for Our Trip

source

Tomorrow, Jon and I will be boarding a flight bound for Portland, Oregon! It has been two years since the last time I have been home to see my family.

The main reason for our trip, is that my sister Vivian is getting married on Sunday, May 22nd!! As an added bonus we get to visit with family and meet our nephews Kenneth and Lucas!!

We have been very busy I have been doing my best to get us all packed. We are traveling to Portland and it is much colder there than it is here is Texas, so I have to pack in a way that prepares me for the weather. I am packing long-sleeved shirts, jackets, dresses, leggings, shirts, and the list just seems to go on and on...


However, the weather is not the only thing I am preparing for, because I also have to be very careful to remember to pack things that will help me stay on plan while I am gone!

I am packing our lunches, so that we do not have to buy food at the airport. I am packing snacks for the plane like grapes, Veggies Straws, Nutri-Grain bars, baby carrots, and Fiber One bars. I am also bringing my PointsPlus calculator, which just so happens to be on my phone with my Weight Watchers eTools tracker. I am bringing my walking shoes, so that I can try to earn extra activity PointsPlus.

I am excited to travel and see my family, but I do not want this trip to derail me from my ultimate goal of continuing to maintain my goal weight.

I know that many of you will be traveling this summer too! I want you to have a great time, but do not forget to bring your plan with you where ever you go!

There is an old meeting summary blog post that I wrote last June. It is so helpful to explain how to "Pack Your Plan for Vacation". To check it out, click here.

I will be gone from May 19th - 24th, so now you know why I will be M.I.A. this week and next.

5 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

I hope you have a fabulous time visiting with your family that you haven't seen in so long!!!!
Not that you need me to boss you around ;-) but I know it's important for you to stay on track. Trust and believe that I know how important it is. But, don't get so bogged down with it that it robs some of the joy of this trip. Sometimes, I have just missed out on some things in life because I get so wrapped up in my eating plan. However, it's been the opposite, too. I've missed out on things in life because I haven't been too concerned (like I can start again tomorrow. Or next week or whatever)
You'll be missed here in bloggy land :-)

Jen Newsham said...

MrsMarkDave - Thanks for the reminder! I do need to find a good balance. I hope that it just comes naturally and is not an issue, but I am trying to be prepared in case I go out of control with my eating.

I will miss you all in bloggy land too!

Losing Brownies said...

Have a great trip! I bet you will do a great job of staying on program!

Andrea said...

For the record, it is downright positively gorgeous in Portland today. I hope the weather holds out for you. Have a wonderful trip!

ABUTLER771 said...

Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. I have a trip planned for next month. Thanks for the great tips on what not to forget.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...