Monday, August 8, 2011

Staying on Track

source

Happy Monday!! How was your weekend!? My weekend was great. Originally, I thought that I would be spending a lot of time by myself, but to my surprise Jon was home on Saturday. I love him!!

I also switched my weigh in day to Saturday! I was down a little from what I weighed in at on Tuesday which was nice. I even managed to stay within my daily pointsplus+ target on Saturday! Yesterday, we much more challenging and I went over my daily pointsplus+, but that is why I have a weekly pointsplus+ allowance that I can tap into.

This morning, I am forgiving myself for going over yesterday and moving on. It is not going to help me to continue to dwell on what already happened. I am getting right back on track and know that I can do a good job on plan this week.

Speaking of staying on track, the text below was a radio broadcast that I heard last week. This segment was done by Lysa TerKeurst, whom I adore! Please take a moment and be encouraged by what Lysa has to say.

. . . . . . . . . .
Staying On Track
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

When friends ask how I’ve managed to eat healthy for the past few years, I say it’s one good choice after another! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

It’s not easy, I have to think ahead about the realities of the food choices I make every day.

If I were struggling with my finances, I would need to think about the price before I decide to buy something. The same is true with my food choices. I can’t eat, eat, eat and just pretend the calories won’t add up. I need to remember that I have the power to make sure the next thing I put in my mouth is healthy.

We were meant to consume food. Food was never meant to consume us. And, we can ask God to help us make the right food choices, to know when enough is enough, and to listen to that still, small voice inside that says, “stop.”

With God’s help we can make one wise choice after the other! For more ideas, visit proverbs31.org.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...