Here is the meeting summary for August 27, 2011.
Ask yourself a question: Are you STUCK? Are you COASTING? Are you MOVING AHEAD? If you are stuck or coasting, that’s okay, because did you know that plateaus can help you lose?
If you've been with Weight Watchers for a while, you've probably heard Success Stories talk about their plateaus — the times in their weight-loss plan when they couldn't lose, no matter how hard they tried.
Sounds like a bummer, right? After all, you want to see results for all the hard work you're doing!
But look at it this way: Plateaus are like resting spots. When you've been going, going, going for a while, there will come a time when you have to stop, rest, and take a look at the map.
Weight loss is much different when you have a lot to lose than it is when you're working on less, or even your last 10 pounds. Doesn't it make sense that you should need to take a break and reassess your plan?
The next time you get to a plateau, think positively and proactively: "This means I have to try something new now. What is it?" Try different things until you find an approach that gets the scale moving down again.
And think about it this way: If you spend a little time at a new, lower weight, your perception of what your "high weight" is might shift. If you ever find a pound or two creeping back on, you'll catch it more quickly if you're closer to your "new" high weight than your original one.
You've probably heard your Leader or other meeting members talking about the kinds of things that can get you through a plateau and moving again. Things like:
- Attitude is everything. Do you need to re-motivate?
- Recheck your daily PointsPlus® Target.
- Try some zero PointsPlus value foods.
- Check your medications. Are they affecting your weight loss?
- Start TRACKING again.
- Watch your PORTIONS.
- Buy a SCALE or Measuring Spoons.
- Look at how many ZERO PointsPlus Foods they are consuming daily.
- Start being ACTIVE.
- Switch up work outs to avoid boredom.
- Vary menus. Buy a Cookbook!
- Work on Good Health Guidelines.
- Try Simply Filling Plan.
- Use Motivating Strategy to work toward goal.
- Set a new goal to achieve.
- Story Board your way to success.
- Reward yourself for achievements.
- READ Getting Started Book again and Pocket Guide.
- Use e-Tools & Community Boards.
- Find an accountability partner.
- Ask for help from others.
- PLAN ahead by using the Kickstart Guide.
- Stay for meetings every week.
- Attend an extra meeting for added support.
- Read SUCCESS Stories in WW Magazine...have Sept/ Oct Issue available to show members! It’s awesome!
A plateau is a good time to get prepared for the road ahead. It's the perfect time to reassess your skills, knowledge and behaviors.
So, this week I challenge you to change one thing. That one change might be what you need to help get yourself unstuck and moving again.