Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recipe Review: Gooey Pork Chops


I just want to start by saying that I have been so blessed with the most incredible husband!! Earlier this week Jon offered to make dinner for us. He was going to get home before me, which rarely happens, and he wanted to help out. How sweet!!

I emailed Jon several recipes options for him to choose from based on what we had at home. I also told him that I was planning to do a recipe review on Gooey Pork Chops, so if he choose that recipe I really needed him to take pictures as he made the recipe. I was so excited that he chose Gooey Pork Chops!!

To be completely honest, my husband is the chef in our family. I am good at following a recipe, however my husband has a knack for knowing what will taste good. He is not afraid to change the recipe in order to add flavor. He helps me to make Weight Watchers friendly foods taste good and still keeps the pointsplus values low.

Ingredients

Combine garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper together. Use as rub to one side of each chop. Jon felt like 1 tsp was not enough flavor so he added 1 TBSP of each spice.

Place chops in baking dish (may be a tight fit). Coat chops with worcestershire sauce.

Cover chops with Cream of Mushroom soup.

Sprinkle Dry onion soup mix over dish.

Cover with another piece of heavy duty foil, rolling edges of both pieces of foil together to seal chops totally.

After an hour in the oven they are finally done!!

We ate our pork chops with rice and green beans. They were incredible!! We are going to start having this dish more often.

Thanks honey for making sure I had a great recipe review for the week!!


. . . . . . . . . .
Gooey Pork Chops
Source: NESHULK

Ingredients
6 trimmed Bone-In Pork Chops (can substitute boneless)
1 tsp Ground black pepper
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 10 oz. cans Campbell's Healthy Request Cream Mushroom Soup
1 packet Lipton dry onion soup mix

Instructions
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.Line 9x13 baking dish with heavy duty foil leaving 3 inches overhang on each end of dish.

Combine garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper together. Use as rub to one side of each chop.

Place chops in baking dish (may be a tight fit).

Coat chops with Worcestershire sauce.

Cover chops with Cream of Mushroom soup.

Sprinkle Dry onion soup mix over dish.

Cover with another piece of heavy duty foil, rolling edges of both pieces of foil together to seal chops totally.

Serves: 6; 5 pointsplus+

*** Notes:
May substitute boneless chops. I use trimmed chops and retrim at home. May also substitute chops with Pot Roast or Chicken.

Depending on how thick you want the gravy, may want to use 2 cans of soup (I do).

May place foil packet in crockpot rather than oven and adjust cook time to 8 hours on low. ***

4 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

This recipe looks great!
Im going to save it and make it soon..its been a long time since I have had pork chops..and I love them!
http://readingnks.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Made these tonight and they tasted great. Just wondering.... If I use 2 cans of soup does it change the points plus? Thanks for the great recipe! Chris Ann

baby bird said...

This was DELICIOUS!!! And so easy to make! THanks!!

baby bird said...

My mother, sister and I just re-started our weight loss journey. We have a ton of your recipes on our "to try" list. We love how you keep things simple and easy, and things we can do on a weeknight, when we just don't feel like spending forever in the kitchen after a long day of work. We made these the other night, and they were DELICIOUS! They will certainly be on our regular meal schedule! Thanks sooooo much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...