Thursday, August 11, 2011

Recipe Review: Dusty Grapes

Have I mentioned that it is really hot here in Texas? Well it is. This past Sunday evening I attended Bible study. Our leader brought frozen grapes for us to share. However, they were not just regular frozen grapes! They had strawberry banana sugar-free jell-o powder sprinkled all over them. They were so good!

This week I hunted down a recipe and made these for our recipe review, because I thought that we could all use a nice cold treat. I did not follow this exact recipe, because I improvised a little. Enjoy!

Ingredients. Feel free to use any kind of Jell-O you want!

First I took the grapes off of the vine. Please note that I started with fresh, not frozen grapes.

Next, I washed the grapes and drained them really well.

Then I put the washed grapes into a large Ziploc bag.

Next, I added the dry Jell-O powder to the Ziploc bag.

I tried to sprinkle the powder over as many grapes as possible.

Close your Ziploc bag

and shake it until the powder has been evenly spread over all the grapes.

After that I let out all the air in the bag before putting it in the freezer.

Put the grapes in the freezer

until they are completed frozen.

Once they are frozen that's it, you're done! Feel free to take them our and enjoy them whenever you like!

. . . . . . . . . .
Dusty Grapes
Source: Big Red Kitchen

Ingredients
3 cups grapes
1 small box Jell-O Sugar-Free Gelatin Dessert (any flavor), dry powder

Instructions
Place frozen grapes in a quart sized zip top bag, add Jell-O powder, zip bag and shake well. Be sure that your frozen grapes are right from the freezer because any condensation will cause clumping. I place a small amount in ramekins as treats for the kiddies (well all right I confess, me too!) and quickly return leftovers to the freezer.

Serves: 6; PointsPlus+: 2

Just a note when you are counting your pointsplus+: Technically grapes are zero pointsplus+ and technically Jell-O is zero pointsplus+. However, when I put these into Weight Watchers recipe builder it calculated the nutritional facts for both of these ingredients and it came out to be 2 pointsplus+ per serving. Either way it is a pretty healthy and refreshing snack option.

2 comments:

-J.D. Humenay said...

Sounds yummy! Good thing you put in the recipe! I would have thought 0 + 0 = 0!

Jennifer said...

Just made these tonight! So excited to try them tomorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...