Thursday, August 30, 2012

Recipe Review: "Labor Inducing" Gingersnap Cookies

A while back I was asking my friends to give me some good ideas about how to induce my labor. One of my friends, Meagan, suggested that I try making these "Labor Inducing" Gingersnap Cookies. I found the recipe on Pinterest. I decided to put this recipe into the Weight Watchers recipe builder to see how many points+ per cookies. To my suprise these are only 1 points+ per cookie!

Even though these cookies did not induce my labor, I am glad that I found a great new low points+ treat!

The Ingredients

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and cayenne pepper in small mixing bowl.  Set dry ingredients aside.

Then blend margarine in large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar slowly.

Add the molasses, then the egg whites. Finally, add the dry ingredients to your mix.


Roll dough into ¾ inch balls. Roll cookie balls in sugar to lightly coat each cookie.  Place balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.

The final product!

Just 1 points+ per cookie!

. . . . . . . . . .
Labor Inducing Gingersnap Cookies
Source: Just Mommies
 ______________________________

Servings: 60 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 66
Fat: 1.6 g
Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 0.7 g
Old Points: 1 pt
Points+: 1 pts+
______________________________

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 tablespoons (or 1 stick) margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar (will also need extra sugar to roll cookie dough in)
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup molasses
2 egg whites

Instructions 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

 Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and cayenne pepper in small mixing bowl. Set dry ingredients aside. 

Then blend margarine in large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar slowly. Add the molasses, then the egg whites. Finally, add the dry ingredients to your mix. 

Roll dough into ¾ inch balls. Roll cookie balls in sugar to lightly coat each cookie. Place balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.

2 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

These look like wonderful cookies! =)

Best of luck on your labor and delivery!

Anonymous said...

well i tried everything in the book but castor oil with both my girls (including these cookies)and nope didn't work...but good to know another good low pts recipe!! thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...