Friday, August 3, 2012

Love My Blogging Community

For the last six weeks, I have been participating in a summer Bible study at church. We have been working our way through a Bible study called, “Nehemiah: A Heart That Can Break” by, Kelly Minter. It is such an amazing study and God has been using it to show me what He has put on my heart to do by way of ministry. God is teaching me that, “Sometimes obedience simply means showing up” and being willing to do whatever God has asked me to do! If you are looking for a good study to do this fall, I would highly recommend that you check this one out.

source

Another theme throughout the book of Nehemiah that I have been learning about is the importance of community. I have learned that everyone has a vital part to play in the communities that they are involved in. It has been cool to watch God show me the different communities that I am apart of on a daily basis.

Hands down, one of my favorite communities is my blogging community!!

I am so thankful to be able to be a part of a community with all of you! When I began this blog I was doing it for myself, so that I could have a way to document my struggles with weight loss and maintenance. However, God has taken this blog and used it in ways that I never imagined! I enjoy reading your comments, emails, and interacting with you on Facebook and Twitter. I am thankful that many of you trust me enough to share your own weight loss stories and struggles with me. I want you to know that I do pray for you and will continue to do so as long as you need it.

Because we are all a part of the same community, I feel like I need to remind you of something:

My due date is in 25 days!!


I want you all to know that during this time that I am adjusting to being a new Mom, I will need to put blogging on hold. I do not know that I will stop blogging completely, but at first my posts will be few and far between. I would love to continue to hear from you through comments and email. Please keep in mind that I will not be able to respond to you very quickly, because I am at home busy with a newborn.

I am going to miss blogging so much!! Do not worry though, because I will be back!!

After Olivia is born, I will be on another weight loss journey of my own. I am thankful that I do not have to go on this journey by myself. I am so excited to be able to share my journey with all of you during the coming months!

Even though I will not be blogging as much you can still keep up with me through my Living a Changed Life Facebook page and Twitter. During this time, please pray for me as I adjust to life as a new Mom!!

What communities are you apart of regularly? What can you do to have a positive impact on the communities that you are involved in?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I did a Kelly Minter study on Ruth last year that was very powerful! Glad you are enjoying her as well. Praying for you as you enter this new, exciting phase of your life...such an amazing experience!

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

We did the Nehemiah study this summer. Loved it. Enjoy this amazing season of your life called mom!

Anonymous said...

I would make sure to talk to your OB regarding your concerns about your child and your mother's past. Your OB can easily do an ultrasound for you to make sure all is well and give you peace of mind. Just a thought. Good luck with things in the upcoming weeks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...