Thursday, February 9, 2012

Recipe Review: Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups

For weeks I was on a quest to find the perfect snack to make for our Sunday school Super Bowl party. I spent way too much time searching Pinterest looking for a recipe that would really wow people.

I found this recipe for Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups at Plain Chicken. I adapted Steph's recipe to help make this Super Bowl snack a little bit more Weight Watchers friendly.

These snack were a hit! No one even noticed that they were Weight Watchers friendly! People enjoyed them so much that they were gone before half-time.

Ingredients

First, I opened each individual package of string cheese and then I cut them in half.

Next, unroll the crescent rolls into 8 triangles.

Then, place 5 slices of turkey pepperoni on each crescent roll.  Top pepperoni with string cheese half and roll up.

Then, place crescent roll-ups on baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder.

Bake for 12-15 minutes

or until golden brown.

Serve with a side of warm pizza sauce.

They were so good!! I look forward to making them again!!


. . . . . . . . . .
Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups
Adapted from: Plain Chicken

Ingredients
1 can refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls
40 slices turkey pepperoni
4 pieces of Weight Watchers mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
garlic powder
pizza sauce

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375.

Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles. Place 5 slices of turkey pepperoni on each crescent roll. Top pepperoni with string cheese half and roll up. Sprinkle crescent rolls with garlic powder. Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with a side of warm pizza sauce.

Servings: 1 roll-up; 4 PointsPlus+

3 comments:

Racheal said...

Wow! Those look amazing! Forget the super bowl, I am making those for dinenr! :) Thanks for sharing!

Tabitha said...

I just found your blog on Pinterest, and I am really glad that I did. I am in the process of getting to my goal weight, and I find your story inspiring. Thank you for sharing it.

I have also started running too! You can read about it, if you want to check my blog out.

Cherry said...

I am excited to try this one!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...