Friday, February 10, 2012

A Few Random Thoughts

Today, I have lots of different things on my mind, so I have decided to blog about all of them!!
. . . . . . . . . .

{My First Ticketed Traffic Violation}

source

This morning, on my way to work I stopped to get our mail. In the mail was a "notice of traffic violation". I quickly opened the letter to see if it was me or Jon who had received a ticket. To my surprise it was me!! Until today, I had never received a ticket for anything. Do you know that you can even go online and see yourself commit the traffic violation? It's frustrating, but it was my own fault. I was in a hurry and not driving as carefully as I should have been. Don't worry though, I am determined to not let it ruin my morning.
. . . . . . . . . .

{Making Exercise a Priority During Pregnancy}

This is a picture I took while walking last week! I cannot pass up beautiful walking days like this!

Over the last 11 weeks and 3 days of my pregnancy, I have made exercise one of my top priorities. My exercise of choice is walking. I get an hour lunch break Monday through Friday at work. I have discovered that this is the perfect time for me to go walking. I try to walk anywhere from 30 to 40 minutes as many days during the work week as I can. Even on days when the weather is bad, I walk in my office building.

There have been several days when I do not feel like going for a walk. However, I understand how important it is to exercise throughout my pregnancy. I want to do what is best for me and my baby, which is why I go for a walk anyway!
. . . . . . . . . .

{Flashback Friday: Positive Pregnancy Tests}


I wrote a blog post about the day that Jon and I found out that I was pregnant. It is called, "Flashback Friday: Positive Pregnancy Tests" and it it posted over on my personal blog, Newsham Flight Log.

3 comments:

Racheal @ Running with Racheal said...

Going that long without a traffic violation is very impressive!

I wish I could say the same! :)

mrsmarkdave said...

I got my traffic violation in the mail a few weeks ago. I was FURIOUS. But, I knew it was coming because I remembered there was a camera at the red light I went through (I turned right without "yielding" even though I yielded before I approached the light. The cross traffic hadn't yet started going) right after I went through it.
Well, I was going to call and fight it because how can you tell by a photo that I didn't stop and wait? Well - then I saw it. Oh yes. They give you the footage. I thought I had at least slowed down. My memory had NOT served me correctly.
So, I paid the ticket and apologized to Dave for wasting money. He was gracious.

Julia said...

prentI'm never mad when I receive a traffic ticket because I'm a responsible person. Even when I speed I know that I'm speeding and that there's the risk of being caught...The same thing with parking or using my phone while I'm driving....
I have a few speeding tickets Toronto but I never tried to dismiss one of them because I knew I was wrong. Why hate the cop for doing his job...it's absurd.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...