Thursday, December 1, 2011

You Only Want What?

Yesterday, I went out to The Olive Garden for some lunch with my coworkers.

Normally, when I go to The Olive Garden I eat the lunch portion of the Venetian Apricot Chicken. It is delicious and always leaves me feeling extremely satisfied. However, yesterday all I wanted was soup. It's finally been getting cold here in Texas and I wanted something that would warm me up! I usually order soup when I go to The Olive Garden, but I never get to enjoy it, because I eat so much that I am way too full!

So, yesterday I did something different and decided to just order soup. It ended up being a lot harder than I thought it would be! It was so hard, because other people asked me what I was going to get for lunch. When I told them that I only wanted soup their response was not very encouraging. I told myself that I was not going to base my decisions on what other people thought about me. At the last minute I almost order an entire dish, because I felt so uncomfortable just ordering soup. However, I held my ground and stuck to my original decision.

Do you know what? No one said anything! When it was all said and done no one said anything about the fact that I only ordered soup! I was so thankful that no one made any comments about my lunch choice. There ended up being another lady who only ordered soup too, so I was not alone!

Here is an iPhone picture on my lunch yesterday, minus a breadstick.

Zuppa Toscana Soup 4 pointsplus+
Breadstick with garlic-butter spread 4 pointsplus+
Total = 8 pointsplus+

It felt great to know that I was able to stick to my plan! Ultimately, I will have to answer to myself on the scale for what I did with my pointsplus+ values each day.

If you would like a complete list of The Olive Garden's nutritional facts please click here.

Check the lessons that God is teaching me through my Christmas cards over at my other blog, Newsham Flight Log.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...