Thursday, July 7, 2011

Recipe Review: Chicken and Rice

Chicken and Rice is a delicious staple in our home. I had never heard of this dish until I married my husband, Jon. My mother-in-law, Lisa was more than willing to pass on her wonderful Chicken and Rice recipe to me! I put it on my menu almost every month. It is also a great dish is you are taking food to a friend. I have had a few other Chicken and Rice recipes, but this one is my favorite! Enjoy!

Here are the ingredients

First, I always get my rice cooking in our rice cooker. It will cook while you do everything else and finish just in time to add it to the casserole.

Next, I make the soup mixture by combining both soups into a pan.

Then, I chop and add the onion to my soup mixture.

Next, I boil the chicken

and the broccoli in separate pots.

You should have four things going on at once, because the rice is in the rice cooker.

After the chicken has finished cooking, cut it up and put it in your 9 X 13 pan.

This is all my cut up chicken.

By this time, your rice should be done cooking.

Pour 2 cups of chicken broth (the water you boiled the chicken in) and add it to the soup mixture.

Stir until everything is mixed together.

Next, take your cooked rice and put it on top of the cooked chicken.

Then, pour your soup mixture over the rice.

Next, add your cooked broccoli.

Sprinkle cheese on top of layered casserole.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

I always divide my casserole into 8 portions and put them into plastic containers. This is final product! Yummy!!

. . . . . . . . . .
Chicken and Rice
By, My Mother in Law

Ingredients
1 cup broccoli
1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup onion
16 oz fat-free chicken broth
1 can canned condensed fat free cream of chicken soup
1 can canned condensed fat free cream of mushroom soup
2 breasts uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cup cooked white rice, cook rice

Instructions
Mix Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, and bolied chicken broth and bring to boil. Dice chicken after it has been boiled. Layer it on the bottom of a 9 X 13 casserole dish. Put rice over chicken. Pour soup mixture over rice and chicken. Add broccoli and onions. Mix all together to make sure the chicken broth has gotten everywhere. Top with cheese. Cooking Time: 20 min, Preheat Oven 350 degrees.

Servings: 8

PointsPlus+: 5
POINTS® Value: 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...