Wednesday, March 24, 2010

17 weeks and counting

Last night, I weighed in at my Weight Watchers meeting like I always do. I have been weighing in every week since the October 2008, so everything has become very routine. I leave work right at 5pm so that I can beat the weigh in crowd. I arrive at my meeting, weigh in, find my seat, and talk to people for the next 30 minutes until the meeting starts. However, this week as I weighed in I was overcome with excitement and thankfulness, because I am still at my goal weight.

This morning when it came time to enter my current weight into Weight Watchers Plan Manager I became curious about how long I have been at Lifetime with Weight Watchers. I counted up the weeks and it turns out that I have been at Lifetime status with Weight Watchers for 17 weeks, that is 119 days or 2,856 hours or 171,360 minutes or 10,281,600 seconds!! I couldn’t believe it.



Just to recap: in the last 17 weeks I have maintained my weight through Thanksgiving, a wedding (not my own), my Anniversary, Christmas which included a road trip and vacation. I have made it through the New Year, Valentine’s Day, my Birthday, and some challenging circumstances that have come our way. I have continued to go to Weight Watchers meetings and weigh in weekly. I have not always made the best choices, but I have always gotten back on plan. I have continued to come despite the fact that I have struggled to maintain my weight.

Now let me tell you, just because I have reached Lifetime with Weight Watchers does not mean that I have somehow “arrived”. It’s just not true. I continue to go to meetings, because I won my battle with weight loss at Weight Watchers. I believe that my battle to maintain my weight is one that I will have to fight throughout the majority of my life. But as I look back over all that I have been able to accomplish and all that God has done in my life, I find the motivation to continue to fight. Praise the Lord for without Him none of this would have been possible!!



"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."
- 2 Timothy 4:7

2 comments:

TeamRB said...

I love this post. As usual, how encouraging! I think you are wise to continue to receive support for maintaining weight loss, because we well know, it is a daily battle. Thanks for sharing!
-Rebekah

Jennifer said...

Thank you and you're welcome! It is a daily battle and I share what I am going through with others so that they know that they are not alone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...