For example, I found this recipe for White Chicken Enchiladas on Pinterest. If I were to make the original recipe as it is on Joyful Momma's Kitchen, each individual enchilada would be 8 pointsplus! I have heard that this recipe is good, but I cannot spend 8 pointsplus on one enchilada.
So, I decided to tweak this recipe to make it more Weight Watchers friendly. After I had finished tweaking this recipe it was only 5 pointsplus per enchilada, which is much more reasonable for dinner!
|Most of the ingredients|
|Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese.|
|Roll up mixture in tortillas and place in pan.|
|In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.|
|Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.|
|Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to a boil, you do not want curdled sour cream.|
|Pour over enchiladas|
|Top with remaining cheese and bake for 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.|
|The final product!! Please note that I did not take time to broil the cheese.|
|This is a great recipe for white enchiladas that does not break the bank!|
. . . . . . . . . .
White Chicken Enchiladas
Adapted: Joyful Momma's Kitchen
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Fat: 12.6 g
Fiber: 7.2 g
Protein: 22.7 g
Old Points: 5 pts
Points+: 5 pts+
|10 tortilla La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Gourmet Tortillas, Whole Wheat, Original|
2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
|2 cups Weight Watchers reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese|
|3 Tbsp all-purpose flour|
|2 cups fat-free chicken broth|
|1 cup fat-free sour cream|
|4 oz canned green chili peppers|
|3 Tbsp Land O Lakes® Unsalted Whipped Butter|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.