Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recipe Review: Broccoli Cheese Chicken

I want to thank all of you what have given me such great topics to blog about! One of the best ideas someone gave me is that I should write more Recipe Reviews. Well, I completely agree!

Cindy from Cindy and John's Life emailed me a recipe that she wanted me to do a recipe review on. I had every intention of posting that recipe review this week! However, I did not have all the ingredients to make it. Sad day!

So, I went to Cindy's blog looking for another recipe that I would have all the the ingredients to make. I found a recipe for Broccoli Cheese Chicken. Yum! There are few combination's in this world that taste as good as broccoli and cheese together!

It's slow cooker season and I hope that you will add this recipe to your menu this next month!

Ingredients.
Please note: the ingredients call for frozen broccoli, but all I had on had was a broccoli and cheese steamer bag.
I used what I had and it turned out good!

I only used two chicken breasts, because that's all I had.

Melt margarine or butter

Combine Cream of Broccoli soup and melted margarine

Add milk to soup mixture

Stir everything together

Spoon soup mixture over chicken

Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

Remove cooker lid and place broccoli over chicken. Cover and cook one more hour.

I served this over rice for dinner. This was good, however I would have added some salt and pepper to give it a little more flavor.

We ate this meal with our friends Michael & Becky!

. . . . . . . . . .
Broccoli Cheese Chicken
Source: Cindy and John's Life

Ingredients
4 breast(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
2 Tbsp margarine, melted
10 oz Campbell's 98% Fat-Free Cream of Broccoli
1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
10 oz frozen chopped broccoli

Instructions
Place boneless chicken breasts in oblong slow cooker.

In bowl, combine melted butter, soup and milk. Spoon over chicken.

Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cooker lid and place broccoli over chicken. Cover and cook 1 more hour. Serve over noodles or rice.

Servings 8; PointsPlus 5

6 comments:

Cindy Matejka said...

I feel so special..thanks for visiting girlie. I am not a salt or pepper person, so usually I don't add to my dishes. Have a GREAT day.

My Recent Favorite Books said...

I love crockpot recipes! this looks good except Im not a big broccoli fan, so maybe I could use other frozen vegetables instead..? like corn and green bean mixture?

Dani said...

Mine turned out really runny...and I followed the recipe exactly. Any suggestions? Besides the runny part it was amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wondering "Where's the cheese?

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wondering "Where's the cheese?

Unknown said...

Was wondering what is the serving size for weight watchers points and does that include the rice ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...