Friday, September 9, 2011

My Challenging Week


source
 Happy Friday!!

Do you ever have those weeks were you are so thankful that you were able to make it to Friday!? I feel like I can finally take a deep breathe, because this is the last day of the week. If I survive today, I will have made it to the weekend! Praise the Lord!!

It has been a very long and challenging week for me. I have been busy with a huge project at work. As a result, I go home feeling exhausted from all of the effort that I have had to put into this project. I am not finished with my project yet, but that’s okay. I know that I will get it done and I am not going to worry about it anymore.

However, in all honesty, I have not had a very good week on plan. I am stressed. I have not been grocery shopping. I am tired. I have not been able to mentally get my mind back on plan after Labor Day.

I am weighing in tomorrow morning and at that time I am going to start over. I am going to keep trying and not give up just because I had one bad week.

I wanted to share this with you in case you have ever thought that I have it all together. I am not a perfect person and I make mistakes just like anyone else. Just because I am at my weight loss goal does not mean that I do not struggle to make the right food choices. I need to take some time to pray and ask God to help me refocus on what is important and not let work overwhelm me.

I hope that you have a great weekend!

"For I am the Lord your God who takes your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you."
- Isaiah 41:13

Check out my personal blog Newsham Flight Log to read about our NFL Date Night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to say to you that..."You can do this!" and you can, but I want to tell you...."YOU ARE DOING IT!", not matter what the struggles are I have read you for a while and you have came so far, you are doing the right thing. Even when its a challenging week, b/c you are recognizing and moving on. You have preserverance. You can and are doing great!!!

Thanks for the encouragment. This is my first week on WW and honestly it has been very hard, eye opening, and I have to push myself a time or two.

mrsmarkdave said...

I think it's really important that you are honest with your struggles because (in my opinion) it encourages others not to give up when they are having struggles, too. My WW leader mentioned a few weeks ago how much she's been struggling and how she ate something and didn't even care. I was SO relieved because just that week I was beating myself up over something and thought to myself "I know Lori doesn't struggle with this..." just making myself feel inferior to her. I was encouraged to find out that she does struggle, and that it's not just me.
I think it's great that you're planning on just starting over tomorrow, and I hope you don't spend any energy on regretting and beating yourself up. I've really been trying to claim my freedom in Christ lately rather than wallowing in guilt. And, when Satan gets us down with guilt we are so ineffective (which is his plan).
So, keep on keeping on :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...